Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the best thing to take for heartburn and gas?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am away on vacation so not near my doc, and starting to get serius heartburn and gas aches up and down my whole front. What can i take??

(i am 25 weeks)

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaanl
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

With my last pregnancy I had heartburn ALL the time and it was bad!!!  I tried Tums but they stopped working so I went to Maalox & it helped a lot better. However my doctor told me to try Prilosec (which is expensive) so I got the offbrand, Omeprazol, which worked like a charm!!! You only have to take 1 pill every 24 hours. 

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

When I have heartburn I slowly sip cold milk and I dont sleep flat I sleep a little proped up

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I try to not take anything unless I absolutely have to. So I deal with it most of the time, but drinking milk definitely helps!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I am always popping tums.  Hope you feel better!!

FarmMom383
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

tums tums and more tums

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

this will help with both.

Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food is eaten relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals

Momma-Bearof3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Tums are a life saver lol also I found Orbitz Sweet mint gym helps aid heart burn as well. I'm 37 weeks along and I'm always chewing in the gum
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama232011
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Mint tums
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Lifesaver Wintergreen mints helped me. I lived on them my last pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I had the most viscous heartburn when I was pregnant w both of my boys. I don't like to take anything really. And my grandma gave me this trick- WHOLE milk. Not fat free or 2%. WHOLE. Ice cold and drink slowly. York peppermint patties. I still use these for heartburn. The colder the better. I keep the little bite size ones. Ice cream(everybody wants an excuse to eat a little ice cream lol) plain VANILLA OR MINT only. And not the whole carton either lol. Just a half cup. I hope this helps you :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured