Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How fertile are you after having a baby

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
I had my son in November. And my period wouldn't stop for 2 months. Now it's been on time every month till now. How fertile r u after having a baby. It's been 5 months since I had my son
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM

You can get pregnant again instantly

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
pretty easy to get pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_sirena22
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Depends on the womn! Some women seem "extra" fertile and get pregnant again right away even if they struggled to get pregnant the first time, while others may experience secondary infertility. Breastfeeding is another huge factor, since it can delay menstruation and ovulation for months or even a couple of years! It all depends, really :) don't skip protection if you aren't okay with the possibility of pregnancy though!

MrsHill12
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Really easy ! I actually got pregnant about 3 and half months I think but dudnt go well it was a tubal and we lost it.. But all it took was one time without protection...
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Are you nursing? If so the chances are less

But if not then its very possible. When you said you had a period for 2 mns I assume you mean your postpartum bleeding after you had your son? Some women can get AF again about 4-6 wks after they stop PP bleeding. Some women don't have periods for 6 mns sometimes a year. More if nursing. But you are extremely fertile immediately following delivery, and if your body ovulates its possible you could conceive. If you think its possible test!

Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I guess very. I miscarried last year in June and popped up pregnant 6 months later and u wasn't even trying.
ProudMama1125
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Extremely fertile!! Be careful if you want space between your kiddos.

mamaanl
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I've always been told that it's extrememly easy to get pregnanct after you have a baby.  If I'm not mistaken after I had my first child the doctor even told me to be extra careful.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I was 4 weeks pregnant at my 6 week checkup.
joshsmommy23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Yes my post partum bleeding. I will test in a week if it don't come
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)