Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How early did you tell your other kids?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 18 Replies
I have a 5 year old daughter that is DYING for a sibling and I'm dying to tell her but I'm only 5 weeks. Is it too early?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM

We told them when we told the family around 6 wks. We purchased a van and bought a carseat and some items and installed it. So when my kids got in it for the first time they saw the carseat and found out we were expecting. Then we drove it around as if to show the van to the family, but opened the door for them to see the real surprise!

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
yeah I just bought baby shampoo, baby bubble bath, wipes, binkies, and baby food and put it all in a gift bag with a card saying congratulations big sister!

Quoting NoraDun:

We told them when we told the family around 6 wks. We purchased a van and bought a carseat and some items and installed it. So when my kids got in it for the first time they saw the carseat and found out we were expecting. Then we drove it around as if to show the van to the family, but opened the door for them to see the real surprise!

brittany208
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Well.... my conversation went something like this: I came out of the bathroom. DS: What you doing mom? Me: How many lines do you see? DS: two! So he was the first one to know :)

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I told DS1 from the day we found out...we took him to EVERY u/s so he could watch his little brother grow and we answered any and all questions he had for us. I definately think it helped him (course he was 2 at the time)

was2now3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
After the first ultrasound at 12 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YeahItsJen
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM
We told our son as soon as we found out =) He's just kind of whatever about it though lol!
nicole2884
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I told my lil monkey i nanny for at 9 wks after we heard the heartbeat
MrsHill12
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM
My 5 yr old (now 6) was first to find out actually ! She was home with me when I took it and I freaked out! So technically I guess 4 weeks? The earliest you can get a positive result (they count in the week before your even like prego or fine crazy stuff. Like that)
jdixon12
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I waited until 10weeks to tell my children whom are 6,9. I think you should hold off if you can just to be clear out of the crucial period. GL & most of all Congrats  !

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM
We prepared ours before we got pregnant because this one was actually planned. Took them to the confirmation appt (12 weeks) to hear the heart beat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN