Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

**hospital bagz**

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 17 Replies
So I'm jus bout 29 weekz prego n ive already started preparing for my 2 day vacation at the hospital.....lol. I've started buying things I may wanna have while I'm there..u know typical things u would put in a hospital bag..my ?? Question?? Is when did u ladies start shopping for ur hospital bag....and am I preparing for my stay too early..las question??? If ur prego when will (if u havent done so already) u prepare ur hospital bag and/or start shopping for one???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I was going to wait till two weeks before my due date because I think she is gonna be late like her sister. I plan to have a lot of movies and pjs and clothes probably a light sweatsuit since I am due in july
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I just make sure I have the stuff in the house and then around 34 weeks actually pack it up. So I guess shop throughout pregnancy. It's good to have it ready early because you never know what will happen.

I pick out 3 pajama sets, 6 pairs of underwear (i wear boxers over my panties when I'm on my period so i do the same post partum.), nursing bras/tanks, tolietries (soap, lotion, wash cloth, towel, shower cap, pads), camera, phone/charger, satin scarf or cap, pillow, blanket (i need my own blanket to calm me down, i don't like hospitals)

I haven't packed my bag yet and I still need to buy new nursing tops and another pajama set. I also need to back lil girl's bag. Hers will be easier. Couple of blankets, gowns, a couple of outfits (learned my lesson when my oldest home outfit got messed up because the pedi didn't know how to put the diaper on right smh), a few diapers, burp cloth, lotion, and boppy.
brittany208
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:21 AM

With my first, I packed a bunch of things and then barely even opened my bag when I was in the hospital. This time I will be packing much lighter. Ask your hospital what they provide. Mine provides diapers, shampoo, hair dryers... I will be bringing my contacts, tooth brush, make-up, camera--all those sorts of things I use every day. And comfy clothes for me and baby.

I am 34 weeks today and haven't packed my bag yet. I will in the next week or two. But since its all things I use everyday, I'll probably just make a list, then when I go into labor, I can grab those things quickly and throw them in a bag. Or DH can gather the up if he needs to.

And the only thing I'm really buying is a little gift for DS to give to baby and one for baby to give to DS.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I start buying things around 30 weeks & have everything packed by 35 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof5kids84
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I pack my bag when I'm on my way to the hospital. Lol. My water broke at 36 weeks last time, and I was throwing pads and stuff in my bag as we were going out the door.

Wife to a wonderful man, and mother to five beautiful children. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
SSMama0209
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I'm 32 weeks and I have mine packed. I have a couple pairs of PJs, undies, nursing bras, socks, nursing tanks, robe, toiletries, massage tools, robe, slippers, focal point, plus stuff for DH. I'm also taking gifts for my other 2 kiddos, and still have to pack some stuff for baby. This website has some good ideas: 

http://www.thebusybudgetingmama.com/2012/10/baby-3-my-hospital-bag.html

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

mama_pink_tink
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I was similar to another reply, my bag was over packed, and never opened it till i left. I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time and thank goodness, cause my pads didnt stay put and I leaked colstrum like a mad man. keep it simple. I'll be packing light for myself and the baby, but a little extra since I plan on having my son there with me

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Wow.  That's a good question.  With my 1st I was 33 weeks & developed pregnancy induced hypertension.  My dr. said I for sure wouldn't make it to 40 weeks.  That was on a Wednesday & I just had a feeling so that Sunday we went shopping for clothes, which I really couldn't find.  I packed what I could & a 3 days later he was born.  I know I packed a couple of outfits for him, socks, undershirts, blankets, gloves, hats.  For myself I didn't have pyjamas but a couple of t-shirts & sweats, socks, pads, underwear, bras.  It didn't matter because I was in hospital for 5 days & had to wear their gown.  My son couldn't wear anything I bought.  Too big.

With my 2nd I knew he'd be early too so I packed my bag around 32 weeks when my bp started creeping up.  I had him a week later.  I packed a pair of pyjamas & basically the same thing.  I packed a dvd player that I never watched & again I had to wear their gown since I was there for 2 1/2 weeks.  I brought the same stuff for the baby as well, but again he was in there for 2 weeks & wore an undershirt.  I couldn't have him in the room with me.  But someone did bring me a robe, & soft slipper socks, which I wore along with my pj bottoms so if you have those I'd bring them.  I was surprised how comfy they were & wore them all the time. 

I don't think you can pack too early because anything can happen.  Maybe buy a preemie outfit as well as the newborn one just in case this way you're prepared.  You can always return what you don't end up using.  I tried not to buy too early because I still wanted to be in the 90 day return period.

wkukid
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I'm 26 weeks and I've already started collecting things for my bag. I ordered the things I needed but won't start packing until about 30 weeks.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Bags is with an S by the way.
Shop for a bag? Don't you have one? I plan on having one prepared when i enter my third trimester. I don't plan to bring much. Birth is messy for days and i don't want to ruin my clothes. Toiletries, going home clothes, slippers. That's about it. We aren't far from home. Dh can get things i decide i want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)