Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone have bad epidural experiences????

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:53 AM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im just wanting to know! This is my 3rd and Ive never had an.epidural. with my first i didnt want it and my 2nd i begged for it but they didnt give it to me! :( So. Im just curious to know what you ladies experienced with it! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raeyliNlilysmom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Im getting one this time danggit!!!! Lol
LuvNmyGrl
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I had 2 great epidurals. Fully enjoyed my labor, was able to have my family in the room just talking and laughing and have a great time h til I needed to push, they all got out and I pushed for 10 mins with my first and 8 minutes with my 2nd. After my first I was up walking 30 minutes later, with my 2nd it took 2 hours after to start walking because I got it late in my laboring. But no issue for me
Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:18 AM
I will say the epidural made me want to do natural. I didn't like the shakes or being cold or the headache and back after all of that.i like being in control and the epi took that away for me
beckyaj110
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM
I got an epidural with DD and it was amazing! The worst part of the whole experience was when they were actually putting the line for the epidural in and that was because the nurse kept yelling at me to sit straight up and not move everytime I'd start to double over because a contraction hit. Once they actually got the medicine going though it was great because I could relax until it was time to push. It only took a few strong pushes to get DD out and all I felt was a bit of pressure and the strong urge to push. I was up walking around and peeing on my own less than an hour later. I fully plan to get the epidural again this time.
mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
I never had a epi with any 3 of my delivers and i got the shakes with two of them...that is just something your body does sometimes

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I will say the epidural made me want to do natural. I didn't like the shakes or being cold or the headache and back after all of that.i like being in control and the epi took that away for me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Well that was your experience anytime a narcotic like drug is put into my body that happens. It happens with morphine other things which I try to avoid unless I have to have surgery. Then I am sol. I didn't like that feeling at all.

Quoting mama2my2boys:

I never had a epi with any 3 of my delivers and i got the shakes with two of them...that is just something your body does sometimes

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Mine only worked for 30 seconds, and I leaked spinal fluid for a few weeks after and needed a blood patch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

My epidural was okay, I can't really complain about it. Took effect well, and it let me sleep. The problem was that because of the epidural, I was stuck in bed, and had to push from a semi-reclined position. I also couldn't really feel anything down there except pressure (no urge to push) so I was being told when to push, when to start, when to stop. It took a long time, and I ended up with a horrible anterior tear (up instead of down like most tear, it narrowly missed my clitoris and urethra). It took a full year to completely heal.

I will never have an epidural again, it was so not worth it. A few hours of labor pain is nothing when you spend a year not being able to sit without pain, oh and I didn't mention how much it stung to pee. I had to pee very very slowly, and afterwards I had to rinse off and dry very very carefully and gently with a soft cloth because toilet paper made me bleed and then pieces got stuck to the wound. Hubby and I had to wait almost 7 months to have sex again and even then I had to make sure the area was very well lubricated and it still hurt anyway.

This time around, I am having a home birth. I don't even want an epidural to be an option.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I had them for my c-sections. The first time was fine. The second I got a leak, and had a crushing migraine for months.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My legs are feet were numb and tingling for 3 days after birth comparing it to the natural birth I had with my second baby the epidural didn't work. Even then with this baby I'm willing to try again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN