Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone have bad epidural experiences????

Im just wanting to know! This is my 3rd and Ive never had an.epidural. with my first i didnt want it and my 2nd i begged for it but they didnt give it to me! :( So. Im just curious to know what you ladies experienced with it! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Replies (31-34):
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Epidurals don't work on me because my babies come too fast:/
muchlovedby4
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I had one for all my births. With my girls, it worked. With my boys, the anisthesiologists were idiots. (I'm using plural on purpose. Delivered at 2 different hospitals, so they were two different idiots.)

With both of them, i told them i felt a pinching in my hip. They said it meant it wasn't in right and called themselves "moving" it. That did NOTHING!!

Immediatly after my water broke with both boys, i could feel the epi wearing off. From that point on, i felt EVERYTHING! I was on Pitocin, so the contractions were coming back to back and i had no relief. They wouldn't even give me anything else cuz i had the epidural- even tho i told all nurses repeatedly that it wasn't working. The machine was on and pumping meds in, so they refused anything else. It was horrible.

The best feeling in the world was when i finally got them out and they turned off that horrible Pitocin and the epi machine.
lillucky8
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Nope, both of mine were just fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM
With my oldest my epideral worked great. No problems.with my youngest the dr who placed it was an ass and didn't do it right. I had to have them keep working with it because it hurt so badly. When i got to pushing everything was numb.... except my vagina and my right hip .. omg that hurt so badly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN