Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick kids and pregnant women don't go well together :( TMI (UPDATED)

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM
  • 12 Replies

Well my 7 yr old started back throwing up tonight (all over again) this time I had to get my father to come clean it up. I just couldn't do it. Got him in the bed and I started with diarrhea (not a normal thing for me) So I suspected maybe I was sick. Well I guess I am because my 4 yr old also has diarrhea. We have been the sickest crew this year :( I am so ready for warm weather and the end of these horrible germs. I emailed my Hubby and said my goal is to keep everyone including myself WELL hydrated. My 7 yr old already shows signs of dehydration. ANd I know me being pregnant will only land me in the hospital if I end up dehydrated. So please say a quick prayer, we are over this quickly, and perferably without hospital visits!

My 7 1/2 yr old came in my room this am and told me he felt sick (he says this sometimes as an excuse to crash on my floor so I said ok lay down) well a few minutes later he went to the bathroom. And after not coming back for a bit I went to check on him. Well sure enough he had gotten sick, and missed some of the toilet. I sprayed it down with clorox and started cleaning up but instantly started to gag almost throwing up myself. (And of course being preggo once I start to gag its extremely had to stop, especially without puking) Ughh being pregnant can be rough when you get sick kids. Needless to say my 7 yr old said "Mommy I'll do it." And sure enough he did. Poor guy. Now I am just ready for Hubby to be home so that if we have any more incidents he can clean up otherwise I am gonna be puking too :(

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I was so sick the other day i forgot to take my yorkie out. She ended up having an accident on the floor of the basement. Though she is only 3 pounds and her poo was like 3 little cigarette butts i threw up cleaning that up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
true-love-21
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
There seems to be a bug going around cause my 2 year old is just getting over a 24hour virus, but now my sil (she's 11) just got sick but with a sore throat and cough. *sigh* I'm on vacation with my mil, I hope I'm not next.
true-love-21
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I know how u feel too cause u had to clean up puke yesterday. *_*
jazmyne052010
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I know how you feel. When I was pregnant last year my oldest got sick, but didn't get out of bed in time. Hubby took care of the bedding while I took care of Giovanni.

VintageWife
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You sound like me. Hubby has to do puke-duty around here. I can't do it. Crap your pants or bleed all over the place and I'm just fine. Vomit? I'm outta here!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Thanks ladies, he is doing much better today. And Hubby only has tonight and tomorrow night then the next five days off so hopefully no one else will get sick until Daddy is home to help HAHA!

Diatech12
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Oi your right! I was about 2m pregnant when dh got mrsa in his armpit, he had to have a bunch of puss pockets removed in the ER. I had to remove the packing gauze the next day. I was very close to barfing on him lol.
My kids have been sick a few times and dh does not do barf so I'm stuck cleaning it up at 3am. They are all lucky I can power threw that stuff lol!
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Yea I normally can power through to, but let me tell you HAHA I was willing myself to knock it off as I was gaging LOL, And I dont know what it is about but while preggo once I start gaging I can't stop until I puke Ughhh Yea there was no powering through LOL, I either puked on him, or walked away! I felt so awful for him!

Quoting Diatech12:

Oi your right! I was about 2m pregnant when dh got mrsa in his armpit, he had to have a bunch of puss pockets removed in the ER. I had to remove the packing gauze the next day. I was very close to barfing on him lol.
My kids have been sick a few times and dh does not do barf so I'm stuck cleaning it up at 3am. They are all lucky I can power threw that stuff lol!

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Both my husband and I had a stomach virus over the past few days. Being pregnant I guess it took a bigger toll on my body because I'm still pretty weak. I'm sorry you guys are sick too.

wonderwomanT08
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I was doing daycare with 4 in diapers ....yuck! I cam handle poop...but when its Ned and I'm pregnant I turn into a gagging mess....lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured