Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How Long Do You Plan To Stay?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 77 Replies
With my first I got induced and it ended with a csection so I was there Tuesday til Sunday. Way too long. This time I'm attempting a VBAC and wanting to leave next day.. if all goes well.

How long were your previous stays? How long are you planning to stay this time? Do you reccomend leaving asap (as long as there's no issues w baby or mom) or staying the normal two/three days, or whatever it may be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM
With my last I left less than 18 hours after she was born. The previous one I was GBS + but didn't have antibiotics, so I had to stay 2 days. The previous 2 were both c-sections, and I stayed about 2.5 days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aubs1990
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My first was 2 days, my second was over night and I'm hoping that this one is just over night.

LuvNmyGrl
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1st was born Tuesday afternoon and I was home Wednesday morning. 2nd was born Tuesday early morning was home Thursday morning. Since I have 2 kids now its nice to have the break at the hospital lol but I will probably want to go home ASAP.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
48 hours after delivery with both pregnancies this time I will be glad to stay will need my rest before I come home to my boys and all of these stairs.
sfank
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I think I was in just over 24 hours after she was born. It was a vaginal delivery. That's standard for my hospital so it will probably be about the same this time but I'll leave earlier if they let me. I really like the comforts of home and would home birth if I lived close enough to a hospital with an l&d ward/nicu.

AidanCamsMom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Each of my stays have been 2 days.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I only had my second a hospital and it was the longer two days of my life. I wanted to leave right away. But I wanted to also prove I did not have GD. So they had to do 48 hours of blood work on baby and I. I had all the nurses say. Why are we doing this. Your numbers are perfectly fine and so are baby's. They never understood why neither of us had odd numbers.

If I ever have to have a hospital birth. If it is vaginal I will be asking as soon as baby is born. If I have to have a c-section. I will be leaving as soon as I can.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'm having a homebirth this time, so I don't have an after-baby stay anywhere. With my hospital births, I had to fight to get discharged at 48 hours postpartum. I HATED it.

pacificamom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM

7 days with my first because she was in the nicu and they gave me a room. Not even 24 hours with my 2nd! I was OUT OF THERE lol. #3 24 hours after a section--my baby was transferred so no way was I staying and with the twins' section-3 days

ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM
With my first he was born 5:36 am July 2nd and I left July 3rd in the afternoon. As long as everything is good, I'd like to be able to leave pretty soon. I wouldn't be upset with the 2-3 days though, but the time span with my first was ideal for me lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN