Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ready to roll!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 37 weeks, and I've had a pretty run-of-the-mill pregnancy. 4 months of morning sickness, 4 months of bliss, and now I'm sick and tired of waiting and I'm ready to have my little one out of my belly and in my arms. She's my first, other than a mc 5 years ago, so I don't know a lot about what signs my body will give when labor is near. SO is positive that since my belly hasn't dropped much, I'm not close, but some of the aches and pains I've been experiencing as of late have me thinking I might be closer than he thinks.

Thoughts on hints I might receive, or ways to start amping my body up to try to get things going? 

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I'm on my second and because my first was induced I always fear I won't know the signs when I start to go into labor myself, because my induction was so intense. The last few weeks are definitely very uncomfortable, but I have full faith in the idea that when its time, your body will definitely let you know!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Baby will come when baby is ready.  Nothing you can do naturally will speed that up.  If you are on the edge of going into labor anyway, things can tip you over that edge, but that's about it.  Keep in mind that the average first time mom gestates 41 weeks 2 days.  You WILL know when you go into labor, though.  Good luck, hun!

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
you can try your hardest to try and get it going, but youll probably just wind up upset. i tried with my 1st and 2nd to get it going, and nothing! i was 10 days overdue with both of them.
my first, my water broke in a parking lot (lol), one of my biggest fears!
my second, i woke up at 3am in full blown labor.

i tried eating a whole fresh pineapple, i tried red raspberry leaf, i tried pumping, nipple stim, hot showers, massages on certain pressure points, sex (actually we had sex a few hours before i went into labor with #2), tried walking nonstop. i tried everything!

here i am at almost 36 weeks, dealing with SPD, and wish i could get things going, but i know baby is NOT ready, and nothing i do will do a damn thing. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissusFranks
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone... I'm just so ready to meet her! 

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Congrats on being so close. That's exciting. Keep in mind that it's important for baby to stay in as long as possible. The March of Dimes now says 39 weeks is full term, previously 37 weeks was considered full term.

Soon enough you'll be busy with your little one. Enjoy these last few weeks. In the meantime-walk. Walking is good for you, especially now.

MissusFranks
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Thanks, I went to the doc yesterday and I'm 1-2 and 50% so... any day now, I hope. We're going to get some raspberry leaf tea tonight to try...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured