Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby size....have you had a shocker sized baby??

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 63 Replies

My Hubby keeps picking on me saying this baby is gonna be a 9 or 10 lber. I keep telling him he better shut it LOL. I know I could easily birth a big baby, but that doesn't mean I want to LOL. My kids have been around the 7 lb range. 1st was 7 lbs 6 oz, 2nd was 6 lbs 5 oz, and 3rd was 7 lbs 9 oz. Do you think having a 9 or 10 lber is really even likely considering previous baby sizes? Has anyone had a odd baby out, a baby wthatjust went over and beyond previous baby sizes and surprised the heck out of you??

I figure later on in the pregnancy I will have a better idea of baby size. Right now I feel much smaller then I did with my second or third pregnancies. So I don't feel like baby is particularly big. With my daughter at the end I had lots of pains around the top of my belly because I got so big with her. And she was my biggest baby which I believe was the cause. So I figure I will be more sore like I was with her if this is a big one. So anyway who has had a surpriser on D-day?

Here are my babies :)

Laylah was my first unplanned homebirth baby!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRJ
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
My oldest was 9lbs 5.5oz.. I think that's pretty average for the large sized babies lol he has a different dad than my dd and the one in the oven now but my dd was 7lbs even. I think it's pretty common that kids with the same parents will be the same size. I'm not a pro so don't quote me on that Lol. I'm hoping this baby is little like its sister was tho. DH was small, I was 9lbs also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
My first was 9 which was a surprise but my second wasn't much of a surprise at 10lbs.
bchic24
by Tia on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM

My son was 8lbs 9oz and that was big enough thank you lol. I'm hoping this baby is smaller! But your babies are precious!!

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I expect this baby to be in the six pound range like the last two babies.
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You're more apt to have bigger babies the older you are. 3 of my kids were 9-10 lbs and 21+ inches long, my 3rd chronological child was my smallest at 7lbs 3oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I'm kinda the opposite. My older son was 7lbs 1/2oz. W the boy I just had, they said he'd be about the same size. Maybe a little bigger. Well on D-Day I was very shocked when they said 5lbs 13oz. So was my doctor. Everybody including him said no way. Weigh him again! But that's what he was! So I had the reverse surprise lol. Oh, and I hope you have a healthy smaller baby :-) no big ones lol
brittany208
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

My DS was 9lb 5oz. No epidural. But honestly, I had no idea how big he was til after he was out. They could have said "he's 6lbs!" I wouldn't have known the difference...

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM
My last was 10lb 11oz. The biggest previous was 9lb 1oz.

She was a big girl.
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM

HAHA thanks, my Hubby likes to pick about a big baby! But I told him he better stop playing. If this kid comes out 12 lbs I am coming after him LOL!! Small babies with small heads are always nice HAHAo

Anyway that was kinda my surprised with my second. They always said my babies were gonna be a lot bigger. So my first they said 8-8 1/2 he was 7 lbs 6oz. My second they told me 8 1/2-9 easy (HAD ME COMPLETELY stressed.) And he was born 6 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches and unresponsive. I was not happy with them!!. Then with my third they said 9 or bigger easy. And she was 7 lbs 9 oz. I have definately learned not to trust their guesses!! LOL But I was sure happy they were all wrong HAHA!

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I'm kinda the opposite. My older son was 7lbs 1/2oz. W the boy I just had, they said he'd be about the same size. Maybe a little bigger. Well on D-Day I was very shocked when they said 5lbs 13oz. So was my doctor. Everybody including him said no way. Weigh him again! But that's what he was! So I had the reverse surprise lol. Oh, and I hope you have a healthy smaller baby :-) no big ones lol

cadkins07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

My biggest was 9lbs 15.2 oz and my middle child was 9 lbs 14.9 oz and my youngest 8lbs 7.2 oz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)