Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby size....have you had a shocker sized baby??

Posted by   + Show Post

My Hubby keeps picking on me saying this baby is gonna be a 9 or 10 lber. I keep telling him he better shut it LOL. I know I could easily birth a big baby, but that doesn't mean I want to LOL. My kids have been around the 7 lb range. 1st was 7 lbs 6 oz, 2nd was 6 lbs 5 oz, and 3rd was 7 lbs 9 oz. Do you think having a 9 or 10 lber is really even likely considering previous baby sizes? Has anyone had a odd baby out, a baby wthatjust went over and beyond previous baby sizes and surprised the heck out of you??

I figure later on in the pregnancy I will have a better idea of baby size. Right now I feel much smaller then I did with my second or third pregnancies. So I don't feel like baby is particularly big. With my daughter at the end I had lots of pains around the top of my belly because I got so big with her. And she was my biggest baby which I believe was the cause. So I figure I will be more sore like I was with her if this is a big one. So anyway who has had a surpriser on D-day?

Here are my babies :)

Laylah was my first unplanned homebirth baby!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Replies (61-63):
EcoModernMom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

i was 4 pounds when i was born, they estimated my daughter to be 6 pounds, she was born 8.

puglove19
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my first baby, but my boyfriend is 6'7 and im only 5'2 he says we are going to have a giant baby. I said "i sure as hell hope not!"

wkukid
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I've been told from the second ultrasound that this baby measures big. She's long and weighs more than she should for her gestation age. The last time they measured my belly I measured 34cm at 22 weeks. I'm worried she's going to be huge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)