Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

2nd baby shower? yes or no?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 34 Replies
This will be my second child, my DD will be 5 in June. This will be my SO's first child, so is it okay to have a second baby shower? Or is that tacky?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mitchellgirl24
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think its tacky. I think every baby deserves to be showered and celebrated. I'm getting one for my 2nd child. I have a friend who had a shower for all 5 of her kids.
brittany208
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends who you ask. I'd say do whatever your family does. And of course, only if someone else is throwing it for you--don't throw one for yourself.

We did not have a second one, but we kept everything from the first so we really dont need much of anything.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I will have a 2nd baby shower my dd with be 4 when the baby is born

My sil had a baby shower 1 year after having her 2nd baby(so in ttal she had 3 baby shower for 3 girls) if she can do it so can you

Imsoinlove
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I had a baby shower for both of my girls and will have one for this baby (a boy) It's just something my family does. 

Married To Nick Since May 2, 2008

Mom To Brooklyn Since January 20, 2008 & Lexianna Since April 19, 2011

Baby #3 (A BOY!) Bentley EDD August 31,2013

KittyTussand
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I had a second one.   i wanted to celebrate both of my pregnancys and babys.  I made a registry (more for my shopping list)  but didnt expect presents.  My second was more of a come to geather and party and play games.  there were a few gifts all cloths which was fine with me SOOO CUTE!! Me and hubby were getting all the big stuff.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
What is so bad about throwing yourself a baby shower. Im asking honestly. I have see this response in other groups and I think its just awful. What if a woman really wants to celebrate her pregnancy but doesn't have friends or family to do it for her.

Quoting brittany208:

Depends who you ask. I'd say do whatever your family does. And of course, only if someone else is throwing it for you--don't throw one for yourself.

We did not have a second one, but we kept everything from the first so we really dont need much of anything.

brittany208
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Because to some people it looks like you are just fishing for presents. (Which is why we are not having a second shower at all.) But if someone else throws it for you, its a nice, helpful gesture on their part.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

What is so bad about throwing yourself a baby shower. Im asking honestly. I have see this response in other groups and I think its just awful. What if a woman really wants to celebrate her pregnancy but doesn't have friends or family to do it for her.

Quoting brittany208:

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

absolutely!! I had a baby sprinkle with DS2

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I think every baby should be celebrated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YeahItsJen
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I'm hoping someone will want to throw one for me lol, but will be fine if it doesn't happen =) I don't think it's tacky at all!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)