Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

2nd baby shower? yes or no?

This will be my second child, my DD will be 5 in June. This will be my SO's first child, so is it okay to have a second baby shower? Or is that tacky?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
2timezthefun
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I think it depends on who you ask. Personally I think it's ok to have more than one baby shower . With my fourth we had something like a shower after he was born
Leila0907
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I say go for it... I don't think it's tacky, unless you had a baby less than 2yrs ago. I also personally don't see anything wrong with throwing it yourself
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

yeah my mom will probably throw me one regardless, I just didnt want people think I was fishing for presents. Just wanna celebrate our first baby together :)

Quoting Leila0907:

I say go for it... I don't think it's tacky, unless you had a baby less than 2yrs ago. I also personally don't see anything wrong with throwing it yourself

soaringflutes
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's fine to have a second shower.  I don't see a thing wrong with throwing it yourself.  Who cares what other people think?

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM

you are absolutely right!

Quoting soaringflutes:

I think it's fine to have a second shower.  I don't see a thing wrong with throwing it yourself.  Who cares what other people think?

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Who would she invite then? If i wanted one and thought nobody would throw me one I'd just ask. I'd ask my cousin or whoever to host a party for me in name only but id pay for it and plan it. It's tacky to throw yourself one because its no different than begging for presents.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

What is so bad about throwing yourself a baby shower. Im asking honestly. I have see this response in other groups and I think its just awful. What if a woman really wants to celebrate her pregnancy but doesn't have friends or family to do it for her.

Quoting brittany208:

Depends who you ask. I'd say do whatever your family does. And of course, only if someone else is throwing it for you--don't throw one for yourself.

We did not have a second one, but we kept everything from the first so we really dont need much of anything.

lillucky8
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I threw a bbq for the second one :) every baby deserves a party and momentos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

to each his own.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Who would she invite then? If i wanted one and thought nobody would throw me one I'd just ask. I'd ask my cousin or whoever to host a party for me in name only but id pay for it and plan it. It's tacky to throw yourself one because its no different than begging for presents.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

What is so bad about throwing yourself a baby shower. Im asking honestly. I have see this response in other groups and I think its just awful. What if a woman really wants to celebrate her pregnancy but doesn't have friends or family to do it for her.

Quoting brittany208:

Depends who you ask. I'd say do whatever your family does. And of course, only if someone else is throwing it for you--don't throw one for yourself.

We did not have a second one, but we kept everything from the first so we really dont need much of anything.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Then why ask if its tacky? Either you care or you don't. As far as a 2nd shower its fine esp since the fathers family hasn't had one for him before. You can do what you want regardless but if you are concerned about proper etiquette than you shouldn't throw a party for yourself.

Quoting marissabrookee:

to each his own.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Quoting brittany208:

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I didn't have a second baby shower simply because I didn't want it. If you want it, go for it. It's been 5 years after all!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN