Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anterior placenta

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
What does this mean for my pregnancy an delivery
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CelestialSong
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

For your pregnancy, you might not feel the baby as early or as well if baby is positioned right behind it (once baby gets bigger it's not going to matter). Also if baby is behind the placenta and you're still early, the heartbeat might not pick up on doppler as early. For delivery, it means nothing.

I had an anterior placenta with my first, but if I hadn't known I wouldn't have known (lol obvious, but really it doesn't matter). HB on doppler at 12 weeks, felt first movement at 18 weeks. No effect on anything at any point.

crheinheimer
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
My placenta is anterior, it's caused no problems. I did read it may make you more likely to have a "sunny side up" baby (facing up instead of down), but there's no guarantee of that. It would mean back labor if that was the case but I'm not worried about it at all. I'm using the birth center this time and they're very particular about who they let deliver there, my midwives don't think it's a problem either obviously.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Just that you could feel baby mover later or less. You could deliver a sunny side up baby. My first two were sunny side up. I had back labor with them. My first I could as least move to get comfortable. I went all natural. With my second I could not since I had an epidural.

There are ways to try and get baby to move into a different positions. You can try spinningbabies.com. My first I would get her moved and she would move right back. So we just worked with positions and massage that worked for me. It was not bad at all.

Some push longer and some done. I only pushed for 30 mins with my first and 20 min with my second. Baby can also move as he/she is being delivered to.

mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I had an anterior placenta and it didn't cause any issues. I didn't feel him move until 22 weeks. He stayed breach for a long time but turned in time for delivery. I had a natural delivery although he was sunny side up. When he came out he seemed a bit bruised and swollen but he was healthy and a large 9 lbs 6 oz. he was 11 days late.
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Pretty much this. I used spinningbabies forward-leaning inversions to turn ds1 and a little walking for ds2. The anterior placenta was no big deal. It's nothing to worry about - it's just a variation of normal. :)

Oh, and I had 4 minutes of pushing with ds1 and 2 with ds2. Easy!

Quoting Raeann11:

Just that you could feel baby mover later or less. You could deliver a sunny side up baby. My first two were sunny side up. I had back labor with them. My first I could as least move to get comfortable. I went all natural. With my second I could not since I had an epidural.

There are ways to try and get baby to move into a different positions. You can try spinningbabies.com. My first I would get her moved and she would move right back. So we just worked with positions and massage that worked for me. It was not bad at all.

Some push longer and some done. I only pushed for 30 mins with my first and 20 min with my second. Baby can also move as he/she is being delivered to.

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Not much at all.  I had anteriors placentas with all of my babies and felt the earliest one at 12 weeks..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured