Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Extremely clingy dog..does this mean anything?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 35 Replies

Last week, when I went to the restroom and wiped, I had a pink discharge on the tissue that the doctor told me was nothing worrisome, but that my cervix was already starting to soften. Well ever since then, my dog has been extremely clingy with me!..and only me.He will follow me from room to room, pull on my pant legs and shirt when I try to leave him, sit very close to me, and if he's laying with me on my bed, and moves even slightly, he'll tug on my pant leg so that I will follow him.

I should mention that today I am also cramping quite a bit. Can anyone explain my dog's strange behavior?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a Lab mix that follows me around like that my whole pregnancy. Drives me batty!

coloradoam
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Mine is a lab/pointer mix! Maybe it's just a lab thing:).

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

many of my animals wouldn't leave my side towards the end... dogs have a natural instinct to be protective over their "pact" and when one is in "need" they have that sense of urgency to be there. It's pretty common behavior and probably won't end for a while.

lucky2785
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM
My golden retriever is like this, drives me crazy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Sounds pretty normal for a dog. How far along are you?

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

your dog loves you :) is what it means

Megan11587
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My cat is glued to my side when I'm pregnant.  I think they can just sense the pregnancy.

momma4xover
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My husky is making me crazy with his nose in my crotch all the freaking time. Following me everywhere etc. My other dog doesn't give a rats butt about me. I think some dogs may be sensitive to the pregnancy and it gets worse the farther along I get! lol

mrsniebo
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My weimaraner acted pretty oblivious of my pregnancy for most of it. Part of the time it looked like he was thinking, "Oh, how nice of you to grow a place for me to rest my chin, but I'd still rather try to sit in your lap." Toward the end, however, he got super protective of my 2 yr old and me when we'd take him out for walks. (He successfully protected us from a nice older neighbor that tried to get within 10 feet of DD to say "hi," a dog that was about the size of a guinea pig, and a middle school-aged kid with a yo-yo.) It's funny how pregnancy causes pets to act.

ItsJustKell
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM

My golden mix has been glued to me my entire pregnancy. If she's not at my feet, she's got her head on my belly. My older dog is indifferent, but my Willa is my shadow! They totally know something's up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)