Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What does true labor feel like?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was induced with my first, so I don't know what going in to labor actually feels like. Can anyone who has gone in to labor on their own share their experiences? I am cramping like I am on my period, and feel like I want to punch someone in the face...I can feel a dull pain in my vagina..I'm drinking lots of water to make sure it's not dehydration...oh, and my back hurts.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-17):
maryroses
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM

That is how my labors felt.  Especially the part about feeling like you want to punch someone in the face.  LOL!  Good luck!

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM
My water broke first with one. The other contractions started after I had some bloody show. They were dull but 5 mind apart. It was a tightening. starting on my sides and moving around to the front where it peak and let off.
I felt good other wise and they weren't painful really but I knew they were real:)
I was 6ish cm before I had to stop talking during them and within that hour my midwife arrived. Checked me at a 7 and then they started to become hard. I had to breath through then and they were longer but I had 3 mins rest between them so felt good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mistygirl
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM

The contractions start out kind of light, for me anyway. I felt a lot of tightening and pressure at first then slowly the pain of the contractions set in and just kept getting worse and closer together. 

bear.katten
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Like false labor until your farther into labor. I didn't know it was true labor until I bled a little. Its like period cramps that come in regular intervals.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM

everyone is different... mine was as if i did wwwaaayyyyyy too many sit ups & was being forced to do more.

Oceana09
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I think it differs from woman to woman, but when I was pregnant, both times, I felt sick at first. But it wasn't a pukey sick, but sick enough that I couldn't sleep (I went into labor in the middle of the night both times with my kids) but I could also feel the contractions enough that I knew they were suddenly becoming patterned. I waited both times for the contractions to get into my back before we went to the hospital. 

AthenaGrace
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I'm crampy and vagina-achey too! Hope that means it'll be soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)