Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am having such a hard time...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 18 Replies

keeping this a secret! I have already told my whole family as well as my 2 best girlfriends. But my SO's family lives a little further away and he wants to tell his mom, dad and sister in person (all live in 3 seperate places) before I tell all my friends so I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while before I can tell anyone else. I am 23 years old (today actually is my bday haha) so all my friends keep asking me why I dont want to do a Sunday Funday for my birthday and have been asking me all week to go out and get a drink. THIS IS SO HARD lol

frustrated

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicole.Brown
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Just told my parents yesterday and they told everyone !!!!! Argh I'm only like 6 weeksish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imsoinlove
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Happy birthday!!!

I would go insane!  All of our family lives within at a half an hour of us so we told asap!!! And we are just horrible with keeping secrets, we found out I was pregnant on Christmas Eve and waited until January 1st then told everyone!!! And that was a challenge lol

Married To Nick Since May 2, 2008

Mom To Brooklyn Since January 20, 2008 & Lexianna Since April 19, 2011

Baby #3 (A BOY!) Bentley EDD August 31,2013

xLilBit22
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Birthday! Keeping this secret is hard i know. I caved.in a little early lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

yeah I'm only like a little over 4 weeks haha and I want to tell people but I have to wait til he tells his family and his boys, otherwise they'll hear it from my blabbermouth girlfriends and I'll be in the doghouse.

Quoting Nicole.Brown:

Just told my parents yesterday and they told everyone !!!!! Argh I'm only like 6 weeksish

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

trust me I AM going insane haha I mean his mom isnt far from us but her work schedule is crazy and his dad only lives an hour away but my SO's work schedule is 10-7 every day this week so it probably wont happen til the weekend. fml.

Quoting Imsoinlove:

Happy birthday!!!

I would go insane!  All of our family lives within at a half an hour of us so we told asap!!! And we are just horrible with keeping secrets, we found out I was pregnant on Christmas Eve and waited until January 1st then told everyone!!! And that was a challenge lol

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I've already caved... but I wanna cave more hahaha

Quoting xLilBit22:

Happy Birthday! Keeping this secret is hard i know. I caved.in a little early lol.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Happy Birthday!!!!!

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
thank you!

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KittyTussand
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM

happy happy birthday!!!! i know keeping a secret can be really hard.  with this pregnancy i had to distract my self.  So i took onthe challenge of coming up with a fun way to announce. we took pictures and i made signs and did all kinda of htings and then i chose my favorite.  my goal was to wait utnil 12 weeks to tell everyone but i think i caved at 11 weeks.  it was wounderful and everyone loved our annoucment!!

hope you can do something with your friends today.  Not celebrating your bday is lame!! maybe a movie or something (no talking during a movie ;)  )

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

haha we ended up going to the dog park which was fun, but yeah were gonna do a cute announcement like that too so hopefully thatll keep me busy.

Quoting KittyTussand:

happy happy birthday!!!! i know keeping a secret can be really hard.  with this pregnancy i had to distract my self.  So i took onthe challenge of coming up with a fun way to announce. we took pictures and i made signs and did all kinda of htings and then i chose my favorite.  my goal was to wait utnil 12 weeks to tell everyone but i think i caved at 11 weeks.  it was wounderful and everyone loved our annoucment!!

hope you can do something with your friends today.  Not celebrating your bday is lame!! maybe a movie or something (no talking during a movie ;)  )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)