Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am having such a hard time...

keeping this a secret! I have already told my whole family as well as my 2 best girlfriends. But my SO's family lives a little further away and he wants to tell his mom, dad and sister in person (all live in 3 seperate places) before I tell all my friends so I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while before I can tell anyone else. I am 23 years old (today actually is my bday haha) so all my friends keep asking me why I dont want to do a Sunday Funday for my birthday and have been asking me all week to go out and get a drink. THIS IS SO HARD lol

frustrated

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Replies (11-18):
kman88
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Happy birthday! Don't cave to much! My boyfriend only got to tell his mom and dad! I spilled the beans to one of his best friends!  (He was the first person I seen besides my SO after I found out) and my best friend told his other best friend (my SO was trying to get in contact with him to tell him but their schedules never worked)

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM

haha I've caved enough... I think I can hold off a couple weeks.

Quoting kman88:

Happy birthday! Don't cave to much! My boyfriend only got to tell his mom and dad! I spilled the beans to one of his best friends!  (He was the first person I seen besides my SO after I found out) and my best friend told his other best friend (my SO was trying to get in contact with him to tell him but their schedules never worked)

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM

GL

momma_gig
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Happy belated birthday! Keeping it a secret is super hard! We wanted to do a cute announcement this time around, but ended up telling close family and friends beforehand. We started telling people when I was about 8 weeks (which was hard because I found out at 3.5 weeks!) and then we made the "official" announcement at 11 weeks, right after I got my first sonogram done. 

LuvNmyGrl
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I've known for a little over 5 weeks the I my ppl that know are one of my sisters ( just so I ha e some support in case info a bad outcome) and dh's best friend ( dh wanted to have someone to talk to too and his friend won't even tell his wife because i asked him to keep it hush hush he's good at secrets) we aren't telling anyone for another 4-5 weeks!!! I just gotta keep the bump under wraps kinda hard when we have a standing pool play date on Wednesdays with my sister that doesn't know lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I don't think I'll be able to wait that long.

Quoting momma_gig:

Happy belated birthday! Keeping it a secret is super hard! We wanted to do a cute announcement this time around, but ended up telling close family and friends beforehand. We started telling people when I was about 8 weeks (which was hard because I found out at 3.5 weeks!) and then we made the "official" announcement at 11 weeks, right after I got my first sonogram done. 

loverfrombeyond
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I told my immediate family then he took his mom out to dinner to tell her (he's an only child) I'm 10 weeks and everyone else found out through them, all the women in our values are gossip queens. tell one you have to tell them all. Lol
Hopen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Congratulations!  I somewhat know how you feel!  When we were going through fertility treatments, I would never drink the second half of my cycle.  We didn't want a lot of people to know we were going through treatments...we didn't need or want all of the questions.  It always seemed like that was when we were invited to do something...lol.

How exciting for you!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)