Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

dont remember this pain. any ideas?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ugh. Im 10 weeks tomorrow. Im having this horrible stabbing pain in my upper stomach, sort of right below my last set of ribs, or even between my last two. Really high up on my left side only. It hurts to sit up, hurts to lay any direction but on my right side, hurts to breath. I havent had any bleeding or spotting, its just extremely painful and uncomfortbale. I know we arent doctors but could anyone take a guess to what it is? Or how to make it go away
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Constipated???
DKk0531
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Nope. Not at all, for once lol

Quoting MommyRJ:

Constipated???

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Do you get constipated? It could still be just intestines and what not... I get bad pains up high when I haven't gone in a few days.

I'm not sure otherwise.
If it gets too painful I'd call your doc or call nurse on call and ask

Quoting DKk0531:

Quoting MommyRJ:

Constipated???

AmericanChild82
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Could be a pulled muscle. You can do that by doing even the simplest of tasks it could also be a kidney infection. They usually start in the ribs and spread from the front to the back or vise versa. I've had many that started out the way you are describing.

DKk0531
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Ya i was for a few days so i guess that makes sense. Everything was normal this morning

Quoting MommyRJ:

Do you get constipated? It could still be just intestines and what not... I get bad pains up high when I haven't gone in a few days.

I'm not sure otherwise.

If it gets too painful I'd call your doc or call nurse on call and ask

Quoting DKk0531:

Quoting MommyRJ:

Constipated???

DKk0531
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Oh. I do remember getting out of bed in a weird way this morning. Maybe i turned a weird way. Kidney infection...thats scary. Never had one

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Could be a pulled muscle. You can do that by doing even the simplest of tasks it could also be a kidney infection. They usually start in the ribs and spread from the front to the back or vise versa. I've had many that started out the way you are describing.

Mitchellgirl24
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I only had that kinda pain when I had gallbladder stones and had to get it removed.
AmericanChild82
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Yeah sounds like a pulled muscle. I'd say if it's not feeling better in a few days call the dr. Kidney infections SUCK! Some of the worst pain I've ever been in but mine have always just sucker punched me. Feeling fine in the morning and by evening we'd be on our way to the hospital.

Quoting DKk0531:

Oh. I do remember getting out of bed in a weird way this morning. Maybe i turned a weird way. Kidney infection...thats scary. Never had one

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)