Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why is my morning sickness worsening @ 10/11weeks?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've had pretty bad sickness since week 6 but I'll be 11w tomorrow and last week it got significantly worse. Meds are no longer working. I spend almost every moment feeling like I'll puke any second, or i just puke. Why isn't it getting Better and instead getting worse??

UPDATE----I ended up calling the nurse line last night because i couldn't stop puking. They told me to go to the ER. I have hyperesmesis gravidarum(sp?) and I was dehydrated. They switched my meds and gave me fluids. Not much else they can do they said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I didnt have morning sickness with my first and I'm only 4 weeks now so I don't have symptoms yet but heres a bump!

SafariSun
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Thanks. You're so incredibly lucky. I just puked right after I posted this :( im about to start my 6th straight week of this. I was hoping for relief by now, not it worsening.
Nicole060812
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I thought I lucked out usually it hits me at 6 weeks but the day I turned 8 weeks it all went downhill!
SafariSun
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Bump... Help please?
ToriBabe1221
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM
HG?? It gets worse before it gets any better.
ame0608
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I'm 10 weeks too! My accupuncturist recommended keeping some nuts by my bedside and eating two handfuls the second I wake up (before even getting out of bed). Then making a smallish breakfast about five minutes after I get out of bed. It's helped a lot. I still feel incredibly nausiated, and NOTHING tastes good, but I can keep food down. I'd be curious if this tip could help you too :)

chickensmommy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Try benedryl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)