Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were induced, did you ever go into labor?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 39 Replies
If you were induced in your first pregnancy, did you go into labor on your own in any pregnancy after that?

I was induced at 39 weeks due to pre-e, so I'm curious what my body will do this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Oh idk I know I was scheduled to be induced then ended up going into labor on my own but they still have me the drugs to induce me because my daughter was still high up even tho I was fully dialated. Ill be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow so I'm wondering if ill go into labor on my own. I know my sister-in-law was induced with her first then her next 3 she went into labor on her own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I was induced with my first and waiting any day to go into labor on my own with my second. The delivery OB told me at L&D that even though you are induced it's your body going into labor on its own. It just has a little help.
alexislovesjr
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

No unfortunatly with 1st pregnancy I had a 24 labor after being induced and had to stop while mid pushing for ER c-section so now I have c-sections. 3rd will be in August.

LizzieAnnesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I was induced with my first at 42 weeks. And with my second at 40 weeks (medical reasons). After it was discovered that i am unable to push out a child they did further examinations and discovered it is likely i would never go into labor on my own. My family is genetically fucked in the baby making department.
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I was induced too, and after 42 hours ended up having a csection. I'm trying for a VBAC this time and just wondering if my body will know what to do.

Quoting alexislovesjr:

No unfortunatly with 1st pregnancy I had a 24 labor after being induced and had to stop while mid pushing for ER c-section so now I have c-sections. 3rd will be in August.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

may i ask why you can't push a baby out/you dont go into labor on  your own? I sure felt like my body wasnt going to go into labor the first time! I think my dr just wasnt patient enough though.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I was induced with my first at 42 weeks. And with my second at 40 weeks (medical reasons). After it was discovered that i am unable to push out a child they did further examinations and discovered it is likely i would never go into labor on my own. My family is genetically fucked in the baby making department.

brittany208
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

With my first I was induced at 41 weeks. With this one, I'm hoping to be wait a little longer (if needed) so I can go into labor on my own.

mychinababy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I was only induced with my 3rd  because I was 41 weeks. It only took an hour of getting pitocin and I was already in labor on my own. Labor was only 4 1/2 hours long.

I'm a little nervous when I think about this time around. I REFUSE to get induced again. It was awful!

alexislovesjr
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Aww. Thats awesome. On of my GFs had the same problem and went into labor fine 2nd time. Good luck :)

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

I was induced too, and after 42 hours ended up having a csection. I'm trying for a VBAC this time and just wondering if my body will know what to do.

Quoting alexislovesjr:

Lilypie - (1zfl) 

momma4xover
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I was induced with my first at almost 41 weeks. But my second was spontaneous, and my fourth was spontaneous at 42 and 1... I think my babies just cook longer. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured