Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Losing weight after giving birth

Hey girls, I'm due to give birth on May 5th, currently 36 weeks pregnant. I had my first baby last March and these two will be 13 months apart. I'm having trouble figuring out how to lose weight though, I'm overweight right now and would like to get back to where I was before I got pregnant. I need to lose about 50 pounds, I weighed 115 when I got pregnant the first time, went up to 145 and couldn't lose all that weight before I got pregnant again, now I'm up to 165 and would like to lose the 50 pounds I gained while pregnant. I don't have to lose all of it just most of it, like say I got around 120 that'd be fine. I just want to lose weight, I hate being fat and feel so ugly being fat. Is there anything I should do to lose weight? I have never had to lose weight before, now I do.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (31-35):
MamaScho88
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM

If you are choosing to breastfeed that should help a ton right there...I breastfed my youngest son for 6 months and can't believe the amount of weight I lost, can't wait for that again! Also have you ever tried MyFitnessPal.com? I love that site, it helps you keep track of what you are eating and how much you are excersizing and how many calories you burn in a day. Just be careful not to overdo it on the excercise if you are going to be breastfeeding, breastfeeding alone can burn up to 500 calories in a day and the hormones your body releases during hard excercise could hurt your supply. Beachbody workouts are awesome too, I have the Brazil Butt Lift program and the Insanity program.

SkylarBeth
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:55 AM
I recommend eating a high protien diet and breast feeding. I eat a snack (half a peanut butter and jelly, greek yogurt, broccoli florets, almonds) while i breast feed and drink 28 oz of water each and every session.we walk either baby in the stroller or i wear her for 20 MIN. Ive lost 58 lb and im 5 weeks pp.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I didn't read through all the replies yet, but I just wanted to say I'm in the same predicament, except I'm 3 months post partum :-/. My first pregnancy I gained 22 lbs and lost it in 2mos. I was 22 and now I'm 30. But I'm 5'1" and was 100 pre-pregnancy. I have no idea how this happened as I only gained 23lbs, but I'm 125 now :-( how the hell??? My doc says its the birth control. But I really need it. This was a surprise baby and we don't need another just yet lol. But I breast feed, I eat a lot more healthy and less amounts. I have a full time very physical job I just went back to, an 8yr old boy, my DF, and two good sized very active dogs. A husky and an Aussie. So I get plenty of exercise between all that. Maybe getting back into the swing of things at work will help some. I want to try some supplements but can't while I'm nursing/pumping :-(. I feel disgusting and fat and ugly. 125 on a 5ft girl shows big time :-(. None of my clothes fit. None. And we don't have the money to go out and buy any so I live in my scrubs from work, or sweats. Occasionally I'll put a loose maxi dress on if its really hot. I'm in Florida so I can't really hide under heavy winter clothes lol. I'm sorry you're feeling this way as well. Just remember though, you are still prego, and it might go a lot easier than you think Hun. I hope we both get where we want/need to be in a reasonable amount of time. Good luck on your impending delivery, and congrats on having another. Oh, you also have my admiration for having 2 so close together!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I've always gained a ton of weight during pregnancy, 55-75lbs/5 pregnancies! I always get the weight off fast after. I HATED being overweight, that alone was my motivation!

I had 3 babies under 3 and i would walk ALOT during the day with them. I pushed all 3 in a sit n stand, not easy lol i ate healthy (made smoothies, lots of fruits and veggies etc)

When i first got pregnant i was 160lbs (I'm 5'9)

My heaviest was 255lbs after baby #2!

My lowest was 144lbs after baby #3

I was 175lbs to start my last pregnancy and 230at delivery. I'm now 160lbs 10 months after delivery. I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred at home, it's 20 min and then I'm done!! I also go for long walks on the beach.

Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgochild79
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Breast feeding took my weight off along with getting outside and walking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN