Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should a pregnant woman wear loose clothing?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 69 Replies

So my average pregnant outfit consists of cute loose tops and leggings. I went out on a limb and got myself a cute black maxi dress(cause black is slimming) that is tight all over, and thought I would show off my bump! Plus I'm at the stage in my pregnancy (29 weeks) where hiding it is basically impossible...so why not embrace it right?!

Anyway I tired on the outfit for DH, and he said..."well it's kind of tight at the belly" and I was like,  "yeah that's the point"....and he said, "you should wear loose tops, it looks better on pregnant women".

Well poop.

Is he right? should pregnant women cover up the belly? Its not like I was trying to look sexy..just "pregnant-cute"!

Photographic evidence below.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilyrose2011
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Heck no haha I wore things to make my belly pop like that. I felt like it made me look more pregnant rather than fat haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucyblue202
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
4 moms liked this

No this is the time where you should show off your beautiful bump! What the heck is he talking about?!?! That dress looks fantastic on you, cute bump!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

It is a little "sexy" for my taste, but if it's comfy and you like it, then wear it!

Aubs1990
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you look really good! Baby bellies are sooo cute!

Oceana09
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG that is adorable. I know when I was pregnant my mom would buy me clothes and I would tell her thank you and then never wear them because she thinks that NOTHING should be tight when pregnant. Normally, I can fit into medium Junior tops when I'm not pregnant. Well my mom seemed to think that going to large in maternity clothes was still too small so she was buying 1x maternity clothes that quite honestly made me look more fat than pregnant!

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

exactly!

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Heck no haha I wore things to make my belly pop like that. I felt like it made me look more pregnant rather than fat haha

Theemom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
You look great. I think it depends on the clothes on you feel comfortable.
sarah427
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh says the total opposite! Lol he says I should wear cute clothes that show my pregnant belly, he said its a sexy part of being a woman! Lmao! If he could keep me pregnant, he would! ;) you look adorable by the way!
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Really? LOL this is so conservative to me...I mean I'm all covered!

Do you think it would make DH uncomfortable/embarrassed to have a pregnant wife that looks like she is trying to be sexy? 

...I dunno I kind of figured, only women would be into the baby bump anyway.

Quoting Pandapanda:

It is a little "sexy" for my taste, but if it's comfy and you like it, then wear it!

mewebb82
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You look great! I've always worn tops based on comfort and I'm more comfortable in fitted tops. I did buy kind of loose fitted tops, but because I had a lot of growing to do before I was done with those tops and dresses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN