Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

doppler help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hello ladies I just got my Doppler today I will be 13 weeks weeks Wednesday and I need help lol.. where do I start to try to listen I heard something but think it may have been the placenta.. then thought maybe heard baby this is the one I got... thank you ladies..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121048176934?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicole2884
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM

this helped me so much

nicole2884
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM

i know its a review for a certian one but she goes over the different sounds you hear an where to look

tandie1977
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u so much

Quoting nicole2884:

i know its a review for a certian one but she goes over the different sounds you hear an where to look

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I'm not sure, I've never used one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickensmommy
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
That's still really early... They work well around 16 weeks or so
wkukid
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I started at 12 weeks and heard fine.

DKk0531
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Used mine and 10 weeks and it only took me maybe 10 mins to find it. But 8 of those were forgetting to use the gel lol. Start at your hair line and move outwords :)
breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM

AHHHH I LOVE MINE!  I have the Sonoline and was able to hear around the 9 week mark where they had said I would be able to. Anyway, Aloe gel and a full bladder and start low right by the pubic bone start in the middle by the belly button. U might have to press in a bit. Just think at 13 weeks ur uterus is right under the belly button so never go higher then that. U will hear 3 sounds one being your beat, one being the placenta which sounds like a swooshing and then one that is a galloping horse and that is the baby!!! Just have to be patient!

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I am 14 wks and I have it right at my belly button sometimes right above sometimes to each side and I pic up baby. But I think my uterus is extra high. The video is really great that was posted above and is very helpful, many women make the mistake of hearing placenta or even their own arteries and thinking its baby! It can be tricky if your not familar with things!

MrsBorho
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM

mine was a little harder to hear at first because im alot thicker than the girl in video but i had to move it mm by mm and somtimes took a while!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)