Went to the doctor April 1st. Judging by my lmp I should've been around 7-8 weeks. Got a Transvag ultrasound noticed something wasn't quiet right. I had an ectopic pregnancy last August so I know when the ultrasound tech doesn't say one word it can't be good. So she gave me a picture of an empty gestational sac. I figured a blighted ovum and just waited for the doctor to tell me the bad news. He came in smiling and said I could possibly have triplets. It being April 1st and all I figured this was some kind of joke. He said he wasn't joking that I had 3 gestational sacs one with a yolk, but anything could happen & said I could more than likely end up with twins & wanted me to come back a week later to see if anythings changed. I went today and this time the ultrasound tech spoke and said & I quote " well this just got crazier" & told me there was now a 4th sac. And gave me an ultrasound with all 4 sacs and the larger one in the middle you can faintly see a yolk and something small but visible under the yolk. Btw as I was walking out to the waiting room after the ultrasound I seen the ultrasound tech showing my ultrasound to a co-worker. So much for patient confidentiality! Anyway the doc came in and said he wants me back in a week and there is a 60 to 40% chance of a d&c if the baby doesn't start to form buds or see a heartbeat by next week. I asked him if he thought it to be a molar pregnancy and he told me he wasn't ruling that out. Has anyone ever dealt with multiple gest. Sacs or know the cause of them? I researched molar pregnancy when I first heard about the 3 sacs but none of the ultrasounds looked like mine. Should I get a second opinion before I go back to him & decide on a d&c and him not telling me whats going on. What's surprises me is that neither time he has drawn blood from me to check my hcg levels. I asked him today and he said he goes by the ultrasound. Please help!
on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM