Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Contractions suck :(

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 26 Replies
So as most of you know I was in l&d yesterday and got two shots of trabualine (sp?) but I'm still having contractions... Went to drs today and he was like oh your fine ya the contractions suck but you just have to deal with them... Ok great how am I supposed to know if I'm going into labor? I read online only between 10-20% of woman's water actually break at home... So I can't be just looking for that I'm so confused... Also of you've been threw this how did you help with contractions? Nothing works for me but to sleep with Benadryl. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Sometimes early labor starts weeks before actual labor begins. You have to get into the mind set that even if its a week away every little bit helps. With each contraction you get closer and closer to meeting your baby. As far as how you will know, there just wont be a doubt in your mind. I know it makes no since now, but when the time comes that your really in active labor...you will know! As far as how to get through this time, lots of rest, bouncing on a exercise ball, walking, relaxing, soaking an a warm bath, whatever sooths you. Drink LOTS of fluids. It will all be over soon! GL

kbear1992
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Pretty much what my dr is waiting for is my cervix to open and me to start dilating they just want some progression of my cervix. Lol I can't wait to meet my boy but man he's already a pain literally ;D

Quoting NoraDun:

Sometimes early labor starts weeks before actual labor begins. You have to get into the mind set that even if its a week away every little bit helps. With each contraction you get closer and closer to meeting your baby. As far as how you will know, there just wont be a doubt in your mind. I know it makes no since now, but when the time comes that your really in active labor...you will know! As far as how to get through this time, lots of rest, bouncing on a exercise ball, walking, relaxing, soaking an a warm bath, whatever sooths you. Drink LOTS of fluids. It will all be over soon! GL

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Your contractions will get more intense, last longer, and be closer together if you are progressing into active labor. Hang in there. Take lots of warm baths, drink a lot of water, and maybe see a chiropractor.

tinka_pixie
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:53 AM

First off, my doctor was right when he said "you will just know" about being in labor. boy was he right! i woke early to the worst period like pains ive ever had. I did not have many contractions before than with him.

This pregnancy is very different. I have contractions ALL the time. I've even counted 6 in 18 minutes. I know I'm not in labor though, and when they come that close, you do want to try and stop them. I start by drinking a large glass of water, or eating some fruitright before my 2 "naps" a day. I lay down on my left side for an hour each time. sometimes I sleep, sometimes I don't, sometimes I just watch tv and regulate my pulse and breathing. The point is,  I can do 1/4 of what I was doing before pregnant, and the stress of it brings on major contractions, but I've also learned how to stop them so that I can continue on with my day.  Most doctors will advise you to laydown, but there are lots of ways to make your body relax. Find what works for you, and goodluck!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
kbear1992
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
When I was hooked up to the monitors I was having contractions every 2-3 mins with the shots they got them to go to every 4 mins and they last about a min each :/ all I can say is they are makin me exhausted so all I do iS sleep

Quoting tinka_pixie:

First off, my doctor was right when he said "you will just know" about being in labor. boy was he right! i woke early to the worst period like pains ive ever had. I did not have many contractions before than with him.

This pregnancy is very different. I have contractions ALL the time. I've even counted 6 in 18 minutes. I know I'm not in labor though, and when they come that close, you do want to try and stop them. I start by drinking a large glass of water, or eating some fruitright before my 2 "naps" a day. I lay down on my left side for an hour each time. sometimes I sleep, sometimes I don't, sometimes I just watch tv and regulate my pulse and breathing. The point is,  I can do 1/4 of what I was doing before pregnant, and the stress of it brings on major contractions, but I've also learned how to stop them so that I can continue on with my day.  Most doctors will advise you to laydown, but there are lots of ways to make your body relax. Find what works for you, and goodluck!

kbear1992
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM
All I do is sleep and take baths because with the shots they gave me they got the contractions to go from every 2-3 mins to every 4 mins and they last about a min every time :/ they are making me exhausted I've never slept so much in my life

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Your contractions will get more intense, last longer, and be closer together if you are progressing into active labor. Hang in there. Take lots of warm baths, drink a lot of water, and maybe see a chiropractor.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Oy! Sounds like baby really wants out. How many weeks are you again?

Quoting kbear1992:

All I do is sleep and take baths because with the shots they gave me they got the contractions to go from every 2-3 mins to every 4 mins and they last about a min every time :/ they are making me exhausted I've never slept so much in my life

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

kbear1992
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Just turned 35 weeks baby is very mad at this point but because I have no changes in my cervix they send me home :/ my MIL is scared because she said your cervix can change within mins, hours, or weeks without you even knowing (she's had four kids and I think her 3rd baby she was in my position where contractions were coming and they sent her home and by the next week she went back and they told her she was 6cm and she only had to have 3 pushes to get baby out lol) I have no idea how to check my cervix or I would but I don't know what to look for. The reason try tried to stop the contractions was because I was 34 weeks when I went in they didn't take into account I turned 35 weeks the next day *sigh* I'm so tired of the waiting game

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Oy! Sounds like baby really wants out. How many weeks are you again?

Quoting kbear1992:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

TLIF1281
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I had backlabor for a week before she came. I woke up and I just knew today was the day. The night before it had felt like she was jumping up and down on my pelvic bone. You will just have to go with your gut feeling. Either that or go to the hospital every couple of days til they tell you it's time cuz if you go after you are 4 cm dialated then they get mad at you for not comin earlier. Can't win for loosin lol!

kbear1992
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM
He is still Vverrryyy active everyone says baby is supposed to stop moving as much, not my boy he is still rolling kicking punching and his head is right between my pelvis and along with contractions it hurts expecally in my back. All today I've been getting more headaches as well so I think he is just ready, but im scared to go in due to the fact they will send me home to bed rest again :/

Quoting TLIF1281:

I had backlabor for a week before she came. I woke up and I just knew today was the day. The night before it had felt like she was jumping up and down on my pelvic bone. You will just have to go with your gut feeling. Either that or go to the hospital every couple of days til they tell you it's time cuz if you go after you are 4 cm dialated then they get mad at you for not comin earlier. Can't win for loosin lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN