Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How much is too much?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
I've been doing my registries for my baby sprinkle. (I've put on the invitation that gifts ARE NOT neccessary, but where we are registered.) But I feel like I'm putting too much on there! It's mostly just onsies, and outfits I thought were cute. & little carseat toys and teethers, and then bath time and bottle stuff, and blankets. I know a lot of people don't shop off the registrt anyways, but can you put too much on a registry? Does that make you look 'greedy'? :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
theosgirl45
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I think have a big variety of things for people to chose from is a good thing.  It gives every body a lot of different options and will help prevent you from getting the same thing a hundred times.  I don't think it looks greedy.  I hate going to a baby shower and the only thing on the registry is diapers.  I know you need diapers you are gonna need diapers for like the next 2 or 3 years lol.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Right! lol I did put a pack of newborn and a pack of size 1, just so they know we're using Huggies. My first dd was very sensitive and anything else would make her breakout hordibly. So I think we'll stick to them to be safe. lol

Quoting theosgirl45:

I think have a big variety of things for people to chose from is a good thing.  It gives every body a lot of different options and will help prevent you from getting the same thing a hundred times.  I don't think it looks greedy.  I hate going to a baby shower and the only thing on the registry is diapers.  I know you need diapers you are gonna need diapers for like the next 2 or 3 years lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:04 AM
The only issue with too much is they don't know what you like best. You may not get your first choices
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Id say load it up mama. The only thing i didnt really choose was clothes, but i chose alot of everything else i wanted bc once ur shower is over ull get a 10% whats left coupon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM

only one person looked at mine.

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I agree with this.  Plus, being the last minute shopper I am, it's nice when there are some things on the list that aren't checked off yet. 

Quoting theosgirl45:

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I don't think you can put too much on there, but I'd keep clothes off of it.  Those change so quickly and the numbers can be difficult to match up.  

If my guests chose to shop off the registry, I wanted items to be as easy to find as possible.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)