Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Anybody Know Any Doctors That Offer VBAC?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 20 Replies
I really want to have a vaginal birth this time but my doctor tells me now that I'm 7 months that she does them but her partners doesn't and if I go into labor and she is not on call at that time they will do a repeat cesarean... So now I'm looking to change my provider but I only have a medical card which everyone don't except. Does anyone know of any doctor that will take me now faust I so far along and actually does vbacs in Chicago IL???

Thanks In Advance For You Responses:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

bump

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Nobody can do surgery on you without your consent. If you can't find someone else, find out the on call schedule. Babies actually often tend to come when it's safe to come. Otherwise just refuse. That's what happened to my SIL. Her baby was breech, and the two local OBs that do vaginal breech are part of a huge practice. She didn't get one of them when she went into labor. She refused the section, so they were going to call her primary OB in anyway when she was ready to deliver even though he was not on call. But then her baby flipped head down during labor anyway :).
mom2many2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
My dr allowed me the option 2 do a VBAC in '07 but i never went into labor. I had medical card & went through the DuPage Medical Group physicians. However ur biggest battle will b a dr taking u now so far along, but good luck & congrats.
SarahMommie
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to hospital after already in full labor they can't stop it once you are ready to go:-) I waited in the parking lot of the hospital until I was sure I was in active labor then went on in :-) don't let anyone do something your not comfortable with!
alexislovesjr
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

No I researched. If you want a VBAC around here you have to get a midwife. Good luck! Hope you get to deliver your baby the way you want :)

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
For my first VBAC I showed up ready to push. Makes it hard for them to argue with you.
tashaluvanthony
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
But do midwives take medical cards? Its the only insurance I have...
Thanks

Quoting alexislovesjr:

No I researched. If you want a VBAC around here you have to get a midwife. Good luck! Hope you get to deliver your baby the way you want :)

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

they can't MAKE you have surgery.... you can always call the hospital and tell them that you want a VBAC and ask which doctors in their facility preforms them and ask them about insurance.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Id doesn't matter what they "do" or "allow". They cannot deny you treatment/care if you show up in labor and they cannot force you to have a c-section without you signing consent papers first. YOU are in charge and YOU call the shots. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Many do, yes. 

Quoting tashaluvanthony:

But do midwives take medical cards? Its the only insurance I have...
Thanks

Quoting alexislovesjr:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured