Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby Shower

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

So i am on my 2 pregnancy and im having another baby girl. My first daughter is 18 months old and i still have everything including clothes. I had a huge baby shower for my first daughter about 50 people, i want another one just to celebrate my 2 daughters birth but i dont want a huge one just my close family and friends about 25 people. Do you think that its begging?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JamieMN
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

If someone offers to throw one for you, that's fine. But it would be rude of you to ask for one or throw it yourself.

xLilBit22
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Some people might think so but i dont. U dont even have to call it a shower. I heard people say they throw sprinkles which is to celebrate baby being born which is after. Maybe someone can clarify better for u. But i threw a small babyshower in ohio before i came back to fl. We literally had close to 30ppl at a buffet. But ill be having a second/big shower my mom is doing for me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

no! I had a boy the first time and kept EVERYTHING from him so when I was pregnant with my 2nd I had a baby sprinkle instead of a shower... I even wrote on the invite something like " Liam had plenty to share but we want to show the new baby we care. No need for cribs or bibs, strollers, or playpens...just the small things like diapers, wipes, and bottles." Then I also wrote that no gifts were needed but would be accepted if they felt they wanted to bring one.

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Pins, Diapers, Bottles Galore! (Mom name) and (Dad name) are having one more! Big sister (Name) has plenty to share so this is only a "sprinkle" to show that we care.
A sprinkle of gifts, or advice to share,
and the laughter of friends will sprinkle the air.
Please join us to celebrate before baby is due!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I wouldn't throw one for yourself.

momma_gig
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM

In your case, I think a "meet the baby" party would be more appropriate. I would pick a date a couple weeks after your due date to hold the party and have it at your house. You could have pizza and cupcakes, and write "gifts of diapers and wipes are appreciated, but not necessary" on the invites. That way, it's less of a baby shower, and more people would be willing to bring needed items when they're coming to actually see the baby :)

elly.H
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Personally when I said we are having another baby shower a couple people got upset, my daughter is 14 mo the and I am 14 weeks pregnant, I don't care if I am having another girl I asked my friend to throw me a back yard BBQ baby shower with moms, dads, kids, everyone to come and celebrate another baby coming to the family. Our first shower was all girls no kids and this time I just want to have fun :) I don't see anything wrong with celebrating or having a party to welcome another baby
Congrats and have fun :)
lillucky8
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I threw a bbq for my second, i put gifts not needed, but i did have a table with a onsie decorating station and a canvas for ppl so sign so he had the same momentos as my daughter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faye444
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Thank you for all the postings that really helps my descision. 

Faye444
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Thank you so much that really helps and makes me feel alot better. No one is throwing it for me but i dont need any gifts i just wanna celebrate my 2 daughter to 

Quoting Larsbug:

no! I had a boy the first time and kept EVERYTHING from him so when I was pregnant with my 2nd I had a baby sprinkle instead of a shower... I even wrote on the invite something like " Liam had plenty to share but we want to show the new baby we care. No need for cribs or bibs, strollers, or playpens...just the small things like diapers, wipes, and bottles." Then I also wrote that no gifts were needed but would be accepted if they felt they wanted to bring one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)