Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dumb questions!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok so I'm sure this will make me look really really dumb. But I want to ask anyways. Please don't make fun of me. I have 2 questions. 1.) If I wear my seatbelt in the car can that harm the baby if I were to get into a car accident? 2.) Am I crazy for already deciding that I don't want to take ANY drugs (other than my pernatals) during my entire pregnancy? I don't even want drugs when I'm in labor. I don't want to risk my babies life for my own convinience. P.S. I'm only 8wks pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brittany208
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Those are not dumb questions at all.

No, a seatbelt will not hurt you. The fluid the baby is in keeps him/her very safe. But make sure you wear your seatbelt the right way as you get bigger, it doesnt really go across your belly anyways. NOT wearing a seatbelt would be much less safe (and probably illegal where you are)

And, no its not crazy AT ALL that you dont want any drugs. I don't want any either. Lots of women are able to give birth without them. On here, the women who do take drugs seem to feel guilty and have to defend themselves because there are so many momma on here who go without and are very proud of it :)

ImNotKarl
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Neither are dumb questions. As far as the seat belt, it's much safer to wear it. Make sure the lap band goes across your hips under your growing belly and you're good to go. I also don't take drugs while pregnant, and gave birth to my son without them, and am planning on having this baby naturally as well. Find a doctor or midwife who will support and stand by that choice.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No dumb questions here. I applaud you for thinking and asking questions rather than just winging it.

You should wear your seat belt as low on your belly as you can. As your belly gets bigger, it will sit under your belly across your lap. 

No you are not crazy AT ALL for not wanting meds and wanting a natural birth. I am so happy to hear that you want to do it naturally. Good for you for being strong and wanting what is best for your baby. I said it in your other post but I'll say it again. Get a doula. You won't regret it. Support is so important for a natural birth. If you need help finding a doula I can help you out.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I agree!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Neither are dumb questions. As far as the seat belt, it's much safer to wear it. Make sure the lap band goes across your hips under your growing belly and you're good to go. I also don't take drugs while pregnant, and gave birth to my son without them, and am planning on having this baby naturally as well. Find a doctor or midwife who will support and stand by that choice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)