Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Give me some name suggestions!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am due to have a girl in August!  This is our first girl after having two boys.  Somehow names just came to us with the boys, but I am a lot pickier this time around.  Help me think of some ideas...

Here's my stipulations

*No K or C names

*No names that end in ie or y

*Gender specific names only

*I like classic names that aren't too common

*No names that are common names spelled in uncommon ways.

Go!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ImNotKarl
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Anais, Evelyn, Daphne, Bianca, Lila, Arabella, Lena, Olive, Faline, Rosalind, Nera, and I am naming this baby Penelope if it's a girl. Good luck! Hope that helped. They are some of my favorites, since my perameters are similar to yours except I like a few C names as well.

imapepper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Well, I suggested Lia to my husbent, but he didn't like it.  I like Penelope a lot too, but that's our dog's name! lol

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Anais, Evelyn, Daphne, Bianca, Lila, Arabella, Lena, Olive, Faline, Rosalind, Nera, and I am naming this baby Penelope if it's a girl. Good luck! Hope that helped. They are some of my favorites, since my perameters are similar to yours except I like a few C names as well.

breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM

WOW you sounded just like me before I knew this was a boy!I love classic names I loved Annelise the names chris and I had were that and cecilia and I know that is an odd one but I wanted something classical and not common! Oh shoot u said no C names sorry! if u google classical names they have lots.

I am having a boy and that, like you comes alot easier!

breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Love penelope!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

imapepper
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I actually do love some c names (Clara, Ceciley, Cecilia, Charlotte, Corinne).  There are just a lot of C names in my family already so I really want to stay away from them if I can.

Quoting breeking:

WOW you sounded just like me before I knew this was a boy!I love classic names I loved Annelise the names chris and I had were that and cecilia and I know that is an odd one but I wanted something classical and not common! Oh shoot u said no C names sorry! if u google classical names they have lots.

SafariSun
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Makenna. Joanna. Those are my top 2. Lillian is a classic. Victoria. That's all I got lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM

My husband shot down a lot of my favorites. His favorite name is Ashley, which is NOT my first choice, so we had a hard time coming to a compromise. Thankfully he liked my top few, which were Penelope, Cecilia, and Colette. So this baby is going to be either Penelope Zorah or Archer Finley. We won't know until the birth. 

My dad had a dog named Sadie Bird when I was born. It was my grandmother's name, so my mom wanted to use it for my middle name. So he changed the name of the dog to Lady Bird since it sounded close enough that the dog wouldn't be confused and my mom could have the name. But I have no idea what name would work to swap for Penelope. I also like Calliope, but my husbad didn't like it so much.

Quoting imapepper:

Well, I suggested Lia to my husbent, but he didn't like it.  I like Penelope a lot too, but that's our dog's name! lol

Quoting ImNotKarl:

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I have alot in my family too... My boys dad is corey my husband now is chris my boys are cameron and carter LOL I understand!!

Quoting imapepper:

I actually do love some c names (Clara, Ceciley, Cecilia, Charlotte, Corinne).  There are just a lot of C names in my family already so I really want to stay away from them if I can.

Quoting breeking:

awilliamson
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

We've narrowed it down to Lucas and Nathan for boys. Scarlett and Sophia for girls.

Other names we had were Jackson, Beaux (DH's name; pronounced Bo), Harrison, and James. Girls were Laila, Charolette, Evelyn, and Audrey.

Hope those help!

sfank
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Annabelle, Jordana. I'm not great with names but those are two that I love and fit your guidlines. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)