Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does HCG stay in your system.... *freak out post*

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 44 Replies

after giving birth? My baby girl is 36 days old today. I am EBF. Well, my hubby and I had a whoopsie about a week and a half ago when we were intimate. I took a pregnancy test today, and its a faint positive.

Is this leftover HCG from delivery... or could I be pregnant again??? Anyone with experience.

And please dont bash. We would be more than happy to welcome another baby to our family... just not the best time ;D

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I always thought that around 12 weeks pregnant HCG lowerd and progesterone took over. Heat of the moment happens!!! Like I said that was just what I thought. Maybe wait a week?

breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I should elaberate......I am not sure HCG is still in your system time of delivery because if you take a pregnancy test at 20 weeks pregnant it will come up negative most likely because HCG is almost non exsistant

Quoting breeking:

I always thought that around 12 weeks pregnant HCG lowerd and progesterone took over. Heat of the moment happens!!! Like I said that was just what I thought. Maybe wait a week?

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
It is probably still in your system a positive from pregnancy would likely not show after a week and a half.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Six weeks. That's why you are supposed to wait. And a week is not long enough to determine whether or not you are pregnant either.

Meghan6391
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
After my 2nd mc they followed my blood hcg k
levels for ,6 weeks
sheli.bean
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Not true - HCG levels start to decline around 24 weeks gestation, but normally don't go below 3200 and range up to 90000, which is still more than enough to register on an HPT...OP, your HCG level should be below five, 4-6 weeks after birth.

Quoting breeking:

I should elaberate......I am not sure HCG is still in your system time of delivery because if you take a pregnancy test at 20 weeks pregnant it will come up negative most likely because HCG is almost non exsistant

Quoting breeking:

breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I stand corrected

Quoting sheli.bean:

Not true - HCG levels start to decline around 24 weeks gestation, but normally don't go below 3200 and range up to 90000, which is still more than enough to register on an HPT...OP, your HCG level should be below five, 4-6 weeks after birth.

Quoting breeking:

Quoting breeking:

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

It wouldn't be left over from your daughter's birth. 

blue_elephant
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
6-8 weeks, however I can tell you from personal experience that it leaves faster than that. My ex husband raped me two weeks after my first child was born and I got pregnant, I was 6 weeks 5 days pregnant at my 8 week postpartum appointment.
So go to the doctor and have them do an ultrasound and blood work, good luck!
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
It is too, there are generally 4 weeks in an average woman's cycle, the first week is menses, second week is a limbo phase, third is obpvulation, fourth limbo and start of a new menses if pregnancy didn't occur.
A week and a half is roughly 7-11 dpo wand positive pregnancy tests have happened in that time

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Six weeks. That's why you are supposed to wait. And a week is not long enough to determine whether or not you are pregnant either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)