Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Early Labor Coming? Need Advice!!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is my third baby; I'm 33 weeks and 6 days, so basically 34 weeks.  Neither of my other kids were born early, but they are 3 and 19 months.  I have been measuring a week early up until yesterday when I went in and I lost almost 1.5 lbs in a week and my belly didn't grow at all.  Baby's heart rate was also a little slow, but she is moving fine.  In the last 4 days I have had more low pressure than usual, general tight/crampy-ness in my stomach, diarrhea, and dull, low back pain-all of which are common but are suddenly worse than normal with no relief with rest, water, etc. I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid (pad always wet with yellow/tan tinged liquid) I really don't think it is urine as it is constant leak, doesn't smell and I drink a ton of water so my urine is basically very light to clear in color, plus this is my third baby so I know when I pee my pants. They checked and said it wasn't amniotic fluid, but the nurse said it wasn't urine either?  I just lost my mucous plug so I think she may be coming soon. Here is the tricky part: I am currently stuck at home in a HUGE blizzard so the risk of going to the hospital and not being in labor is not worth it considering we would have to drive with our two young children in a dangerous storm-but I don't want to wait to long to go in.  I haven't been having any real contractions (just non-painful, sporatic ones so I think they are braxon-hicks).   Anyone else have a similar situation?  When should I go in- once contractions start?  Thanks!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
breeking
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I had the same problem with my first exceot not untill 37 weeks and they kept sending me home. When contractions are timable and not sparatic or if your water breaks. I might call the Dr. I live in a blizzard state too so I know how hard it is to travel. I think it might be the start but you can go weeks in early labor because I eventually had to get induced because it stopped at 39 weeks. I know it is hard but try and relaz, if they get painful I would call your Dr sooner then later.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I'd be calling your care provider. 33 weks is too soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Sounds like the normal end of pregnancy stuff to me!

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
eh, sounds normal to me.
the discharge could be an infection, did you have any tests done? or its just normal increased discharge, happens more the further along you are.
with my first, my body did a clean out for a week straight about 4 weeks before i even went into labor, and i was 10 days overdue.
my second, i lost mucus plug 6 weeks before, and it regenerates, so its really nothing to be worried about.

but, call your dr if you are uneasy. no harm in that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmagelky
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Thanks everyone! I guess I'm worried about going into labor too early and during a serious blizzard. Both my husband and I work for the hospital and they currently have a "condition snow" meaning emergency travel only and no staff in or out. If I go into labor not only would I need to travel to the hospital in a blizzard with two young kids, drop them off at a family friend and then proceed to a hospital that is short staffed, with tired staff and to have a premature baby. I just really need her to stay put for at least 24 hours!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)