Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can pets tell your pregnant?????

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I would say yes!!! This is my 9 month old blue nose pit bull Dixie. I have not seen her in a month in a half. She just got here today and she will NOT leave my belly. She will do what it takes to be RIGHT next to my belly (oh ya she is not allowed on the bed but she "needs" to be by my belly) love my puppy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaScho88
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM

That's so cute :) I think they definately can...my cat spends more time trying to be near me during my pregnancies.

Aortiz22
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I think so. My dog chewy follows me everywhere and is very attentative to every move I make. 

kman88
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

My dog is so attached to my SO I don't even think she knows I exist, but my kitty that once hated me (not really hate but he's an asshole) loves me and cuddles with me all the time now that I'm pregnant

CelestialSong
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Our dog doesn't act any differently towards me, but she's so ridiculously attached to my husband even if she knows I'm pregnant she just doesn't care. Our cats aren't acting differently either, but they didn't last time I was pregnant so I wouldn't expect it this time either.

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

yes... they can smell the fluctuation in your hormones and you no longer "smell" like you

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Yup, my cats were always aware and more cuddly.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I would say yea. I dont have any pets of my own but any time I go to a friends house that does, they always climb up where im sitting and lay by my tummy. It happened during my first pregnancy too. I for sure think they can sense it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amybarnhart11
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I definitely think they can! This is my pit Addy and she lays on my stomach like this EVERY night. When baby Eli starts kicking her she will lick my stomach and nose at him. It's SO cute. Our male dog has also become very clingy towards me. He is always laying at my feet and lays right beside me(on the floor) at night. He has become super protective!

Clemency3
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Yes absolutely. I always felt that since Dolphins can tell you are pregnant even before you might know yourself then it certainly is possible for pets to know. I also think of it like this. When animals are living among one another and one of them gets pregnant, they have to know some how right? I definitely think they know. My cat already has stopped jumping onto my belly and now jumps over me. She refuses to lay on me anymore. 

this is by far the sweetest pic yet!

Augmama2be
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Absolutely. My dog acted completely different with my first pregnancy. She was practically attached to me. With my second pregnancy she wasn't as attached because she had my DD1 hanging around her. Now with this pregnancy, she's pretty attached again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN