Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can pets tell your pregnant?????

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I would say yes!!! This is my 9 month old blue nose pit bull Dixie. I have not seen her in a month in a half. She just got here today and she will NOT leave my belly. She will do what it takes to be RIGHT next to my belly (oh ya she is not allowed on the bed but she "needs" to be by my belly) love my puppy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
5tyli5hLensT
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I've heard they can, my moms dog recently has been.wanting tio hump my leg everytime she sees me lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ame0608
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM
My (3) cats are the exact opposite! They keep trying to sleep on my belly. Two of my cats hate each other, but they can even tolerate one another for an hour or by sleeping on either side of me. I kind of feel smothered, but it's also pretty cute.
Quoting Pookie988:

I have cats and they just annoy me and act the same as always! They don't want to be near me too much! They run from me a lot more too and I just want to boot them out but my heart is too big and won't be able to do it;( have 3 so nervous what they will do when baby comes

Delta.Dawn
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM

My mini pin Angel and Cat Boots knows when I am pregnant. Angel and Boots have a very close bond to my kids even my oldest even though they were not in our family when I was pregnant with him. When I was pregnant with my DD Angel would lay her head on my belly especially her ears like she was listening to DD's HB. Boots he would lay on my belly entirely purr and paw on it aka milk treading like they do when they are kittens. And they both follow DD EVERYWHERE lol. Now 6 yrs later pregnant with #3 they are doing the same thing. Boots is my bed buddy anyways I always wake up to him purring loudly and pawing ( he doesn't use his claws on anything but his scratchers btw). Angel is loving #3's movements right now she lays her head down he kicks at her she looks up at me does the oh so cute head sideways and then rubs her nose on the spot where he is moving she also loves placing her ear on my belly again. So a big fat YES most animals know you are pregnant or can sense something is different than before pregnancy. With my animals I guess they think my kids are theirs lol. 

Roomfor1more
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

yep, they can...I have an on going battle between daddy, my calico kitten, our Russian Blue & my pit for who gets belly time lol. 

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Can they tell my pregnant what?

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Yes they can. My boxer knew before I did and wouldn't leave my stomach alone and got worse as I got bigger. She'll likely be protective of the baby.

JessiCole87
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I think they can sense it! My parent's dog usually would jump all over me. I went there a couple nights ago (right after i got doctor confirmation) and he didn't jump on me at all. He just wanted to sit on my lap

AthenaGrace
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My cat likes to sit on my belly, and she always seems startled when the baby kicks her haha. I love my cat and hope she gets along with baby. (:

trin123
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Mine is starting to figure something out he keeps going into the baby room and looking at the bed. I think he is going to be jealous because he has been me and DH baby for 9 years.

brittany208
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I absolutely think some can. We have a bearded dragon, though, and I really doubt *he* can. But cats and dogs, sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN