Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can pets tell your pregnant?????

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I would say yes!!! This is my 9 month old blue nose pit bull Dixie. I have not seen her in a month in a half. She just got here today and she will NOT leave my belly. She will do what it takes to be RIGHT next to my belly (oh ya she is not allowed on the bed but she "needs" to be by my belly) love my puppy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Replies (31-36):
Vanessa2686
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Me and my boyfriend were just talking about this. I am 18 weeks pregnant and my cat Bella has not left my side. She never slept by me and she does all the time now. Shes attached the the hip!

becs0808
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I think so. My two dogs insist on sleeping on my belly or at least near it. And the other day bil's dog wouldn't stop laying hist head on my belly. My inlaws just kept commenting that he was listening to the babies heartbeats :) I think they know for sure! If for no other reason than they have better hearing and can lay on or near us and hear the babies hearts

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EmilyKC
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM

yes I agree!!  with my first pregnancy my cat would not leave me alone.  it was bizarre-o!!  So I took a pregnancy test and it was positive:)

wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM

The lab we had followed me everywhere when I got pregnant with my oldest. She would lay her head in my lap with her nose against my tummy. I believe it's a pack thing. In a pack everyone takes care of the baby. My sister had a dog that woke her up just before her water broke with her first baby. I mean mere seconds before.

williammom132
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM

my pits won't leave my side for nothing my kid's is on one side but dogs on the other i feel crushed my dog princess has her nose on my tummy my dd keep jumping on the bed and my ds wont stop layin on the side of my face and my son just kicked her lol they can tell

crochetmommy88
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I definitely think so.  I think that it might actually be due to the hormones your body releases while pregnant.  My bf's kitty (pictured above) is a TOTAL Daddy's boy but when I was pregnant with our two sons (picture is when I was pregnant with our second) and now this little guy that I am pregnant with now, he comes and snuggles against the baby bump usually at night when I am having my wind down time lol  We have a little girl kitty and she doesn't really seem phased by it but we have only had her a few months.  My bf's kitty he has had since before we got together and him and I have been together for 4 years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)