Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy questions!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:50 AM
  • 41 Replies
Its almost 2am here... & i have to many things running through my head... any advice would help!

1. Is anybody or has anybody been swollen from the waist down? Get constant pain from it? Or bruises? If so what did you do to decrease it? Or make it go away in general?

2. When do you get hungry?

3. Do you ever feel out of breath? Or start wheezing?

4. Did/do your animals always want attention now that your pregnant?

5. My skin is so dry & cracked... any lotions? Or home remedies? Anything especially for hands & feet?

Thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:27 AM
1 mom liked this
1. I didn't get swollen to the extent you described, that seems a little abnormal.

2.Anytime I'm not moving, I'm starving!

3.CONSTANTLY. Granted, my baby weighs an (estimated) 9 3/4 lbs, so I've got no room for my lungs! (:

4.At first my dog completely ignored me, but now that I'm so far along, he won't leave me alone. It was cute at first, but now I need some space. Haha

5. Use unscented Chapstick on your hands/feet/elbows. It works like a charm.

Hope I was mildly helpful!

Quoting DimpleLove07:

Its almost 2am here... & i have to many things running through my head... any advice would help!

1. Is anybody or has anybody been swollen from the waist down? Get constant pain from it? Or bruises? If so what did you do to decrease it? Or make it go away in general?

5. My skin is so dry & cracked... any lotions? Or home remedies? Anything especially for hands & feet?

Thanks.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

1--yes, I have been swelling quite a bit.  I also have spd, so it causes a lot of joint pains too.  I found just to keep hydrated and rest when I can helps. 

2--It really depends on the day.

3--Yes, all the time I feel out of breath

4--I don't have any in house animals, so I can't say for certain.

5--I found body butters have the thickest lather abilities making the skin better.  It is hard...I find the baby just zaps all the liquid out of me.

Xanbuttsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
1. No, but I have read salt can make you retain water and swell, drinking lots of water washes out toxins and helps with swelling. How far are you? Might want to make sure it's not pre eclampsia or however its spelled.

2. Im pretty much always hungry, but I don't eat late because I get awful heartburn. I made the mistake of eating a bowl of cereal then went to bed the other night. Ugh that was a rough night lol.

3.I don't always feel out of breath but there are occasion that I can't catch my breath.

4.I don't have any animals

5.I use baby oil and vitamin E cream. Try putting some baby oil in your bath and soak in it. Its super relaxing and the oil seeps into your skin. Also, drink LOTS of water.
Spring.Mom
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No swelling so far but I do bruise a lot easier. I just deal with it.

About every 2-3 hours I eat a snack and eat smaller meals in between 

I have started feeling short of breath all the time now, the baby likes to push up against my ribs and lungs. 

My Dog wont leave my side. She loves to snuggle my belly

I haven't had to deal with cracked skin but with my overly dry skin I have been using body butter. the actual butter not lotion. It  sticks around for a while and it's the only thing I can use so I don't have to put on lotion 5 times a day.

Thanks.

DimpleLove07
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I have severe preeclapsia... my fingers get swollen... my face sometimes... & everything from the waist down.

Quoting Loveavision:

1. I didn't get swollen to the extent you described, that seems a little abnormal.

2.Anytime I'm not moving, I'm starving!

3.CONSTANTLY. Granted, my baby weighs an (estimated) 9 3/4 lbs, so I've got no room for my lungs! (:

4.At first my dog completely ignored me, but now that I'm so far along, he won't leave me alone. It was cute at first, but now I need some space. Haha

5. Use unscented Chapstick on your hands/feet/elbows. It works like a charm.

Hope I was mildly helpful!

Quoting DimpleLove07:

Thanks.

DimpleLove07
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
What is spd? & ive tried so many lotions & creams... its like im reapplying every 15-30 minutes.

Quoting meam4444:

1--yes, I have been swelling quite a bit.  I also have spd, so it causes a lot of joint pains too.  I found just to keep hydrated and rest when I can helps. 

2--It really depends on the day.

3--Yes, all the time I feel out of breath

4--I don't have any in house animals, so I can't say for certain.

5--I found body butters have the thickest lather abilities making the skin better.  It is hard...I find the baby just zaps all the liquid out of me.

LotusBubbleFly
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

1. Is anybody or has anybody been swollen from the waist down? Get constant pain from it? Or bruises? If so what did you do to decrease it? Or make it go away in general? Not really swollen. Mostly just feeling freakin bloated.

2. When do you get hungry? All the time. But lately, not so much right around bedtime.

3. Do you ever feel out of breath? Or start wheezing? Yes. Walking more than 10 feet now gets me winded. Don't get me started on stairs. Tying my shoes now tires me out lol

4. Did/do your animals always want attention now that your pregnant? My little doggy has always been an attention whore. He wants to stand on my belly which I have to constantly tell him to stop and he looks at me like I'm an idiot. I think because of my mood swings he's gravitating more to my husband right now though.

5. My skin is so dry & cracked... any lotions? Or home remedies? Anything especially for hands & feet? I mix baby oil gel with regular lotion. It helps to keep my skin moisturized.

Aortiz22
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

1. My feet are swollen, I can only wear flip flops

2. I'm always hungry I could eat all day 

3. Yes as my pregnancy progresses I feel more out of breath each day. No wheezing though just struggle breathing 

4. My dog is super clingy now

5. My skin isn't dry just hairy because I can't reach my legs to shave 

DimpleLove07
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Im 35 weeks on friday.. & i do have preeclampsia... & i drink 4-6 (52 oz) cups of water a day. But i realized i eat alot of ramen noodles as a snack or for lunch.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

1. No, but I have read salt can make you retain water and swell, drinking lots of water washes out toxins and helps with swelling. How far are you? Might want to make sure it's not pre eclampsia or however its spelled.

2. Im pretty much always hungry, but I don't eat late because I get awful heartburn. I made the mistake of eating a bowl of cereal then went to bed the other night. Ugh that was a rough night lol.

3.I don't always feel out of breath but there are occasion that I can't catch my breath.

4.I don't have any animals

5.I use baby oil and vitamin E cream. Try putting some baby oil in your bath and soak in it. Its super relaxing and the oil seeps into your skin. Also, drink LOTS of water.

DimpleLove07
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM
My chest has felt tight my entire pregnancy:/.... & i have 2 dogs that just comstantly want to be up under me... & they cry when i ask for alone time... its cute... but annoying after a long day at work.

Quoting Spring.Mom:

No swelling so far but I do bruise a lot easier. I just deal with it.

About every 2-3 hours I eat a snack and eat smaller meals in between 

I have started feeling short of breath all the time now, the baby likes to push up against my ribs and lungs. 

My Dog wont leave my side. She loves to snuggle my belly

I haven't had to deal with cracked skin but with my overly dry skin I have been using body butter. the actual butter not lotion. It  sticks around for a while and it's the only thing I can use so I don't have to put on lotion 5 times a day.

Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured