Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do you know better than your doctor??

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 25 Replies
I'm 35 weeks 2days. Since Tuesday I've been feeling awful. It's almost like I have the flu. I'm not sneezing or feverish, just really achy. My shoulders hurt, horrible headache, stomach pains..etc. They took my blood pressure and it was 154/94. I had protein in my urine so they sent me home with the 24 hour urine test. I take it back today but took my blood pressure yesterday and it was 160/117. Through the roof! I called them and they just brushed it off. I've had a headache since then, blurred vision and upper abdominal pain. I just don't think they believe me!!! Have you ever known better than your doctors? How did you convince them?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Um, that def doesnt sound good. If you dont feel your doc did enough id go to l&d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feralkitten
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

i just go to hospital and tell them you really think something wronge and you not felt baby moving much ( small lie )  

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I agree, go into l&d! If you do have or are developing pre e its nothing to brush off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyner_brylee
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Yea definitely go to labor and delivery to get checked out.
legobaby
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Yikes. When mine was super high like that a couple times first pregnancy, they admitted me to the hospital for blood pressure monitoring.

There was ONE time it was that high at home but wasn't quite so high by the time I got there (although still really high). They didn't admit me that time. I did have to do the 24-hour urine several times. Ugh. Annoying. I was working during that pregnancy, so I would have to take off work to do it because I was sure no one wanted my pee in the work fridge. :)
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I'm sorry but at 154/94 you should've been at least kept over night to be monitored/sent in for an NST, maybe even given some meds.  At 160/117 they should've admitted you ASAP!  I highly suggest you go to another doctor.

mushmom
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

idk what's considered high bp but I would think/hope that they'd respond better to blurred vision.  I'll call them and see if you can get in for an appointment or go to the hospital.

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Sounds like pre eclampsia. If they don't do anything go to the er.
EmmaKatesMom902
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Well I'm here now. What sucks is that my Bp is going up and down and it'll probably be low now that I'm here. I still have a headache and abdominal pain. I just hope my doctor will listen and not ignore what I'm saying. That's my biggest fear and then something happens to the baby
MammaKoi
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

go to the L&D with those same symptoms they have to treat you, best way to make the doc or anyone who you think isn't believeing you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)