Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stretchmarks

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

My breasts grew REALLY fast in the beginning of my pregnancy and I have what I'm guessing are red stretchmarks.  I say I'm guessing because I'm probably now the size of an average adult woman (or still a little smaller) and they are just red on the inside.  Not red lines, just that whole area is red.

So...my question is, do you think that is a sign of what will come with my tummy or is that different since the tummy grows more gradually?

I do oil up every other day and lotion up every day.  But I know that doesn't prevent stretchmarks, just makes the stretching easier on your skin.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brittany208
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I dont think just bc you have stretchmarks on one part of your body you will automatically have them other places. I do have some, but thankfully mine are very light and not noticable by anyone but me. And I dont even really know where they are without looking, I just remember seeing them on me before.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM

No you can't determine it by that. You may or may not get them on your belly or anywhere else. Only time will tell.

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It really just depends on how fast each body part grows. Getting them one place doesn't mean you'll get them anywhere else, but it doesn't mean you won't either.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I agree

Quoting Turtledoves:

It really just depends on how fast each body part grows. Getting them one place doesn't mean you'll get them anywhere else, but it doesn't mean you won't either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM

It's also part genetic so if you already are getting them then most likley you will get them other places. But stretch marks really aren't a big deal and they will fade after you have the baby. When you use oil try olive oil :)

Use it daily...it also helps them look better after you already have them. I used it on marks I had for years and it made them lighter and less deep looking :)

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM

By olive oil I mean straight up fro the groccery store, not an olive oil lotion  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured