Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bed rest smed rest!!!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 7 Replies
I've recently been assigned bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy..n I'm DEVASTATED!! There is so much to be done and I can't do it..can't work. All I can do is sleep and potty..Anybofy else had to go thorough this I sure could use some advice and tips on how to survive this for the next 3 months!!
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brittany208
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I smiled when I read your title. That's exactly how I would feel if dr put me on bed rest. I'd have a realllly hard time sticking to it.

I mean, I feel like I lay on the couch all day as it is, but I do get up and do things in spurts every now and again

With my first pregnancy, I wasnt working or doing anything at all. I played a LOT of Dr Mario to help pass the time. Maybe you could get something like that set up. Online shopping? Scrapbooking? knitting/sewing? Catch up on TV, read a ton of books,

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to do it for a month and it sucks. Just try to remember it's best for baby, get your fix for day time tv, and learn something new like sewing or nitting. I failed at both. Lol. It sucks but has to be done. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kourt_Love1008
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM
That sounds like a plan..I will definitely be lookin into those hobbies and a whole lot of others

Quoting brittany208:

I smiled when I read your title. That's exactly how I would feel if dr put me on bed rest. I'd have a realllly hard time sticking to it.

I mean, I feel like I lay on the couch all day as it is, but I do get up and do things in spurts every now and again

With my first pregnancy, I wasnt working or doing anything at all. I played a LOT of Dr Mario to help pass the time. Maybe you could get something like that set up. Online shopping? Scrapbooking? knitting/sewing? Catch up on TV, read a ton of books,

mrsjens2000
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

what makes them decide to put somene on Bed rest? can they see something in an altrasound? what are the factors they use to determine a unborn baby needs this? 

Im just 6 wks and Im trying everything I can to keep this pregnancy but im sure its out of anyones hands.

Kourt_Love1008
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Well in my case I had a little leakage meaning the baby fluid level was decreasing which would give the baby the idea the she can come early..an ultrasound and fluid test confirmed this.

Quoting mrsjens2000:

what makes them decide to put somene on Bed rest? can they see something in an altrasound? what are the factors they use to determine a unborn baby needs this? 

Im just 6 wks and Im trying everything I can to keep this pregnancy but im sure its out of anyones hands.

LuvNmyGrl
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
With my 1st I was on moderate bed rest for 3 months ( that was good I could go to the grocery store and come right home and rest a few hours it wasn't total bed rest, with ds1 I was on total bed rest from 7 weeks-19 weeks when he was delivered and passed away. With ds2 I was on moderate bed rest for 6 wks. I took up crochet, watched movies and tv, read magazines and books, and just relaxed it was hard and boring but you gotta do it if it helps baby. Good luck
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I was on bed rest for a few weeks and although I did rest I couldn't stick to it. I still did what needed to be done. Sorry Hun, hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN