Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hyperemesis gravidarum (UPDATE!)

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hyperemesis gravidarum is extreme, persistent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy that can lead to dehydration.

This is what i now get to live with..I have to take medicine every 6 hours for the rest of the pregnancy. What we do to have babies. :/ Two IV's later and blood draw and lots of waiting I'm on the hydration level they wanted. 

I'm doing much better with my medication. It makes me very sleepy so I nap a lot. But I can eat and drink the right amounts now. I have my first doctors appt soon. So FX everything is okay with baby! :) 

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I have had two pregnancies with this. It was horrible! Hopefully you will feel better soon! What meds do they have you on?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I hope the worst of it goes away soon.
mem82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
*hugs *
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM

It is amazing what we do for our children.  Hang in there mama.  (hugs)

toopicky429
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Good luck! It might ease up as your pregnancy progresses. My niece is pregnant, and has it. Her doctor has a standing order for her in the ER. She goes in every couple days for IV fluids. Zofran and Phernegan tablets were not helping hers. She did tell me it's getting better, but she's about 11 weeks now. Good luck again!
chrismommy94
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Phernegan currently ;)

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM
If that doesn't work well for you, ask for Zofran. Also, have you looked up helpher.org? It has a lot of info about HG.

Quoting chrismommy94:

Phernegan currently ;)

chrismommy94
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM

BUMP FOR UPDATE! 

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Be glad you're able to get some relief. I had it both pregnancies. Didn't get Phenegren, but Zofran didn't work. It was 26 weeks of hell with my 1st (born at 34 weeks) & 27 weeks with my 2nd (born at 35 weeks). Sleeping is a relief because you won't be throwing up. :)
feralkitten
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM

i have it to and thsi is my 3rd pregnancy this time i got early treatment and am doing much better im still very ill and very dehydrated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured