Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Braxton Hicks

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

When do the braxton hicks contractions usually begin to start during pregnancy? I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and I just wanted to know so I know when to look for them. 

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

They can start very early.  This pregnancy, I think they started around 15 weeks for me.  I have had them start earlier. I notice them more though when I get closer to the start of the third trimester.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM

It is different for every person and pregnancy. Some never get them or notice them. Some get the early, some in the middle and some not till the end.

Vcoskey
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM
If you're a first time momma, you may not notice them at all. Your belly will get really hard from the top of your uterus and spread down towards the bottom. I don't remember having them at all with my first, but this time they started around 28 weeks and have just gotten stronger and more frequent the past week or so (I'm 34+ weeks now).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM

you dont have to look for them. when you get them--you'll know!

mine started very suddenly at 33 weeks, but ive heard lots of ladies say theirs started earlier.

3_times_blessed
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

mine started at different times in all 5 of my pregnancies.. my 1st was around 19 weeks, second was about 15 weeks, 3rd not until 30 weeks, 4th was at 15 weeks and this one started around 18 weeks!

babygirl3796
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM
like how strong do they get?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JennyLee24
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I didnt notice them with my first..with my 2nd i did towards the end..but this being my 3rd..and first boy..i starting feeling them at 18 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)