Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anyone with a bicornuate uterus?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 3 Replies
so im pregnant with my third and last baby. i was diagnosed with bicornuate uterus while i was pregnant with my first son. mine is shaped like a heart. i carried him to 38 wks 5 days and then i was induced due to preeclampsia. my.second i carried to 36 wks until i.went in sporadic labor and he was born after 1.5 hrs of labor and swolled amniotic fluid which led to a 1 wk stay in nicu. this pregnancy i learned it is in the right horn and she is breech. she is 24 wks today and already 1 lb 8 oz. im not sure if my other two were in one side or not. im hearing that she may or may not spread out to both sides and if she stays on right side and is breech and gets too big she may not be able to turn which could result in csection. i had my.other two vaginally. anyone else ever have a pregnancy in one horn? if so how did it result? i.really hope i dont go into preterm labor or have to have a csection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
starpurple
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I do but this is my frist baby. She is in the right side as of now 28 weeks. Dr says i will be able to have reg birth.

mama2gg
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I had a heart shaped uterus but I have surgical fixed but not before I had my son. My son was in the left horn and flipped early I tried to have him vaginally but because of my heart shaped uterus the contractions were not pushing him down correctly n end in a c-section I had 11 losses after him because of my bicornet so I had it surgically corrected in 2011.

I got pregnant with my daughter within 6 months I had planned on vabc but something at the last minute told me not to so I ended up having another c section I'm glad I did her cord was wrapped around her neck several times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM
im fortunate enough to have never had a loss and both my babies were ok and this one is growing and doing perfect according to my.doctor im just concerned because between my ribs and pelvic bones is only maybe a foot and i can already feel her head in my ribs and her feet are as low as they can go and she is only maybe a foot long

Quoting mama2gg:

I had a heart shaped uterus but I have surgical fixed but not before I had my son. My son was in the left horn and flipped early I tried to have him vaginally but because of my heart shaped uterus the contractions were not pushing him down correctly n end in a c-section I had 11 losses after him because of my bicornet so I had it surgically corrected in 2011.

I got pregnant with my daughter within 6 months I had planned on vabc but something at the last minute told me not to so I ended up having another c section I'm glad I did her cord was wrapped around her neck several times

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)