Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pretty effen bummed right now… (venting dont really matter if you read or not)

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 27 Replies
Laying here in bed looking at my U/S pic of my baby boy. I'm SOOOOO happy I am really getting my boy really I am but I just text his dad asking what he was doing and he said out with his friends celebrating the fact that I'm having a boy. When I was looking through my phone I realized I didn't have a single person to tell my news to, not a single person I know to be happy for me or excited with me. No family and no friends. None of his family said anything to me after he told them and the one person I did tell said nothing. It's so sad and heart breaking to know I have no one to be happy for me, everyone is happy for him but nothing when it comes to me. Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm a real person, a person who matters to anyone. I think what makes it hurt more is the fact that this is the last baby I will ever be able to have and I finally got my boy something I am so excited about but no one I know is. All I have ever wanted is friends and a family and I don't have either. I'm stuck here alone. Even coming to this site is starting to show how little of an impact I make on this world even though I try. I don't want replies because people feel bad for me I'm so sick of people talking to me only because they feel bad for me. I just needed somewhere to vent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummypeaches
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Well if you don't want sympathy, how bout some empathy? I can understand how you feel. We recently moved to a new state where we don't know anyone. No family and no friends. I don't have anyone to go baby shopping with or throw me a baby shower. But I was able to call my mom and share the happy news with her. I hope you feel better soon. You DO matter :) Please tell your doctor about your feelings if things don't start looking up for you. I would be worried about falling into depression, I hope your SO is making you feel extra special and doing lots of nice things for you. And if hes not, then he should! Maybe you could look into joining a pregnancy/newborn group? That's what I'm planning to do once my babys born. I think it will help me connect with other moms and make some new friends. Good luck!

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Only you can change your situation, hun.  I've felt like you do before, small and insignificant.  You can make friends, you just have to put yourself out there.  Hugs!

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Hey, we can be excited for you! Is this your first? How long have you been trying? You obviously wanted a boy, so do you have names picked out? And last, but not least, congratulations!
LVait42
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats on your baby boy!

mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Congrats on the baby boy! We didn't find out the sex of our last one but I sure was excited when he popped out. I wanted a boy so bad. We plan to have another and I don't really care one way or the other if it's a boy of a girl.

I felt that way with my first though. Everyone said to get an abortion and I didn't get a baby shower. I wasn't terribly young either. It was very sad. But they all came around.

Good luck.
Ruffnekwife87
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I have been looking for something like that out here but there's not much to it and most if the women come once or twice then are never heard from again. I don't have family of my own my adoptive family pushed me out of the picture years ago (stopped answering my calls, stopping inviting me to family events, just totally blew me off) my bio family well they gave up when I got adopted and I was warned not to look for them because of the kind of people they are. None of my friends from high school ever had kids or got married just me and after all was said and done they dropped off the face of the planet.

Quoting yummypeaches:

Well if you don't want sympathy, how bout some empathy? I can understand how you feel. We recently moved to a new state where we don't know anyone. No family and no friends. I don't have anyone to go baby shopping with or throw me a baby shower. But I was able to call my mom and share the happy news with her. I hope you feel better soon. You DO matter :) Please tell your doctor about your feelings if things don't start looking up for you. I would be worried about falling into depression, I hope your SO is making you feel extra special and doing lots of nice things for you. And if hes not, then he should! Maybe you could look into joining a pregnancy/newborn group? That's what I'm planning to do once my babys born. I think it will help me connect with other moms and make some new friends. Good luck!

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM

All you can do is get out there and change your situation. Maybe join some mommy groups and make some friends. GL.

Ruffnekwife87
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I try I really do.... But like always after a few months they just drop off the face of the planet. They stop answering my calls or texts. I'm a very kind hearted, non judgmental person who tries to help all but I never get the same in return.

Quoting Heather2001:

Only you can change your situation, hun.  I've felt like you do before, small and insignificant.  You can make friends, you just have to put yourself out there.  Hugs!

Ruffnekwife87
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM
No this is my 3rd but 1st boy and last baby. We have been trying for about a year and 3 months we were told I could not have any more babies after my 2nd but we got preg over the summer and lost the baby in Aug that's when we thought it was true. Then The end of march comes and I'm preg! He will be a Jr. And thank u

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Hey, we can be excited for you! Is this your first? How long have you been trying? You obviously wanted a boy, so do you have names picked out? And last, but not least, congratulations!

spitfire.mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Congrats on the baby boy! Have you thought of any names yet? Is this your first child? I'm pregnant with my first and terriffied lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured