Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

30 weeks and having contractions

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 24 Replies
I had an OB appointment yesterday and told her I've been having contractions at night, she said drink more water (which I did) and if I had 5 in an hour to go to the ER. Tonight I had more than 5 in an hour and they were stronger than they have been previously, but I'm worried that if I go they will stop by the time I'm seen or they'll just think I'm being silly and send me home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mitchellgirl24
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I would go in just to be safe.
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Doesn't hurt to be checked.  At least it would give you some peace of mind.

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I think I'm going to wait, hopefully they will go away, the hospital is only a few blocks away. If anything happens, like my water breaks, I will definitely be going in.

Quoting Heather2001:

Doesn't hurt to be checked.  At least it would give you some peace of mind.

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM
My husband thinks I'm being silly, but I've had this feeling that I'm going to have this baby early ever since I was like 20 weeks. Even when I told him I've been having contractions, it's like he thinks I'm just doing it for attention. I can understand him not wanting to spend the night in the ER, I know I don't want to.

Quoting Mitchellgirl24:

Mitchellgirl24
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Aww that's too bad that he thinks that. I would go anyways. Just to ease my mind and not be worried something might be wrong. I had the same thing and it just turned out to be intense braxton hicks contractions.

Quoting bad_mama2011:

My husband thinks I'm being silly, but I've had this feeling that I'm going to have this baby early ever since I was like 20 weeks. Even when I told him I've been having contractions, it's like he thinks I'm just doing it for attention. I can understand him not wanting to spend the night in the ER, I know I don't want to.

Quoting Mitchellgirl24:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Sounds like BH but if your worried go in. If your only having them at night it makes me think its no biggey. I would get up, walk around, take a bath, and drink some water. See if they ease or get worse. If they ease up go back to bed, if they get stronger, closer together, etc then maybe a check would be comforting to you!!

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:54 PM
That's what I think this is, it's my 3rd baby and there's only 10 months between the last one and getting pregnant with this one. I'm also feeling pressure in my pelvis though...maybe I'll just go and leave hubby here with our son since he's asleep and I'll call him if anything is serious.

Quoting Mitchellgirl24:

Aww that's too bad that he thinks that. I would go anyways. Just to ease my mind and not be worried something might be wrong. I had the same thing and it just turned out to be intense braxton hicks contractions.

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting Mitchellgirl24:

bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I always thought you were supposed to rest and drink water if you were having contractions, haven't tried walking or a bath yet. I've been having pelvic pain/pressure for a while now.

Quoting NoraDun:

Sounds like BH but if your worried go in. If your only having them at night it makes me think its no biggey. I would get up, walk around, take a bath, and drink some water. See if they ease or get worse. If they ease up go back to bed, if they get stronger, closer together, etc then maybe a check would be comforting to you!!

Mitchellgirl24
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yea that's a good idea. Good luck. I hope its nothing serious. :)

Quoting bad_mama2011:

That's what I think this is, it's my 3rd baby and there's only 10 months between the last one and getting pregnant with this one. I'm also feeling pressure in my pelvis though...maybe I'll just go and leave hubby here with our son since he's asleep and I'll call him if anything is serious.

Quoting Mitchellgirl24:

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting Mitchellgirl24:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:35 AM

No sometimes its simply the position you are in. Getting up and changing position, moving around, relaxing in a bath, those things can cause the contractions to stop if they are BH. If they are the real deal then you will feel them get more intense in which case it would mean a trip to L&D

Quoting bad_mama2011:

I always thought you were supposed to rest and drink water if you were having contractions, haven't tried walking or a bath yet. I've been having pelvic pain/pressure for a while now.

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)