Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i dont know what contrations feel like .. HELP!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
So i feel a tighting in my back and front at the same time .. comes and goes ..ill start 10:30 for 5 seconds the goes away and comes back 10:36 same 4 seconds.. and so on.. started to feel like im on my period.. are these contractions or normal pains? With my first i had only back labor ... and i was induce .. today im 39 weeks ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
elly.H
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Sounds like Those are Braxton hicks, I was told so many times, that when it happens I would know, there is no question about it.
Best of luck,
mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM
sounds like bh contractions last longer then 5 seconds....and yes it feels like very strong period cramps with ur tummy geting very hard.....when having a real contraction if u get up to walk and cant walk or talk and the contraction lasts 15 seconds or longer and is coming every 3-5min thats the real thing.....a bh ur tummy gets hard and feel like period cramps but u can walk and talk thru them and they dont last long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM
All I can say is contractions huuuurt :( I've been having them constantly for about a week straight now but they aren't changing my cervix at all I've been to l&d twice this week thinking this was finally it... Nope. I'm 35 weeks and I'm on bed rest :/ yay me. They keep telling me ill know but how am I supposed to know if I'm already having them??? Grrrr!!!! Mine are wrapping from my mid/lower back around my sides to my hips and into my "lower stomach" veryyyyyy uncomfortable and hurt and happen very constantly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mz.perales
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Im having lower back.pain .. but im only a two at the moment..

Quoting kbear1992:

All I can say is contractions huuuurt :( I've been having them constantly for about a week straight now but they aren't changing my cervix at all I've been to l&d twice this week thinking this was finally it... Nope. I'm 35 weeks and I'm on bed rest :/ yay me. They keep telling me ill know but how am I supposed to know if I'm already having them??? Grrrr!!!! Mine are wrapping from my mid/lower back around my sides to my hips and into my "lower stomach" veryyyyyy uncomfortable and hurt and happen very constantly

MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Sounds like your starting to contract for real could just be start of it. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM

It's really heavy pressure, like your torso is pushing down onto your pelvis/cervix. 

Mz.perales
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Yes that what the dr. Told me i was in the hospital with 2cm ... and since i didnt go any futher they send me home ... hopefully ill contract so i can have her already..

Quoting Pandapanda:

It's really heavy pressure, like your torso is pushing down onto your pelvis/cervix. 

Clemency3
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

they could be just the start...before it hurts or just braxton hicks. basically when your pain is at a level of 6+ then you are in full labor. the tightening for me came a few days before i went into labor. you will know you are in labor when you have cramps times 20. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)