Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I may have over done it a tad...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

So here I am 36+4wks and we still dont have the crib put together. DH just started working this week and Ive been off since monday morning(went home with a migrain TWT are my normal days off). So Ive been cleaning like no other, 1 because Im bored and 2 because well my husband wasnt the best housekeeper while he was home lol!

So today I made breakfast and cleaned the kitchen. Caught up on all the laundry, cleaned the kids room(they helped), cleaned my room which consisted of laundry, rearranging, throwing a bunch of stuff away, going through a huge box of kids books and putting them out. Moving a bunch. Made some homemade dandelion killer, dug up bunches of dandelions, cleaned up the yard. Went to my moms for the hardware for the crib(oopse lol), took DH dinner came home, fed the boys, did more laundry.

Then put the crib together lol.

Well it took me 40min to do so, the hardest part was getting the front peice on.

I came to sit down and was like wow that might be a contraction lol! I was breathing pretty hard too. Sometimes I forget how pregnant I am and just start doing stuff. I dont like waiting around so I get stuff done on my own.

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM

I am the exact same way. And I dont consider pregnancy a disability like I hear so many others do. If it needs doing I do it. I may pay for it later, but it gets done. I have been running around like mad this week, and I did have to slow down today because it caught up to me. But it felt good to have that stuff on my list done. And so what if I was tired afterwards. Thats how you know you put in a good days work LOL!!

Anyway rest up now momma, drink extra fluids, and congrats on a nice days work LOL

kblpooh
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Sounds like you are nesting. Make sure you stay hydrated. Now that you did a big clean, get some rest before the baby comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM

just make sure to take breaks and drink lots of liquids. i never nested with either of my pregnancies but i wish i had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured