Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

S/O Dumb things people say to you when you're pregnant...

Posted by   + Show Post

What are some dumb things people have said to you when you were pregnant?

Right before I found out I was pregnant with my first, I was freaking out because I was a couple days late and figuring I was very likely pregnant, I just hadnt taken a test yet. DH knew I was upset and offered to get me a drink to help me relax. I just looked at him.... He said "Oh yeah, I forgot." I looked at him like, "well, I sure didnt!"

by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (51-60):
brittany208
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah... probably bc theres so many people like me who perpetuate the belief that you have to have a shotgun wedding... bc thats what we did. lol sorry!

Quoting BritneeAnn012:

It's not really dumb... I suppose its a legitimate question... but people are always askin me if my boyfriend and i are going to get married now that we are having a baby and im like.... NO! we arent getting married!! we are having a baby!! we've got bigger things to worry about (and spend money on!) lol

Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM

People say this to me all the time because my last pregnancy was twins and I'm huge this time. Literally... all...the...time. It gets old. lol. And the other one that people are CONSTANTLY saying is "So are ya done after this one?" Idk. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. It's really none of your business!

Quoting beadingmom17:

"Are you SURE it's just one?!"

I always wanted to respond "Yes, asshole...I'm pretty sure in 3 ultrasounds a second would have been caught and thanks for pointing out how big I am". My girls were both over 9lbs.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tiff_R_92
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

when a stranger reaches to touch your belly reach over and touch them, when they give you a weird look or say something just be like oh i figured if you wanted to touch me you wouldnt have a problem if i touched you

bressmommy2012
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Wow your huge, are you sure theres only one in there?

You look so young to have a child and be pregnant again.

When's your due date?

Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Basically anything anyone asks me annoys me.

us.mex.fam.of4
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea girls at work see me an yell out Damn! Look at her belly its so huge! Then the other one says, Yea she sure has popped. Then they ask how long do I have ? I tell them an theyre like, omg you are going to be Huge! Gee thanks I already feel like a whale. An when I first got pregnant an was sick one older lady at my work kept telling me , well you should've kept your legs shut u know that's how u got that way. Uggghhhhh piss me off
BarbieAnn85
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM

or when someone says "your going to have a big baby because of the way you eat" especially when it comes from a man. they act like ezxperts on pregnancy i know how much i am supposed to eat so back of buddy

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, yeah, that's always a fun time.

I have 2 girls, so after we found out it was another girl, we got the "are you going to have a third and try for a boy?" I don't think it's just the expecting mother that gets pregnancy brain...lol

Quoting Mom2five87:

People say this to me all the time because my last pregnancy was twins and I'm huge this time. Literally... all...the...time. It gets old. lol. And the other one that people are CONSTANTLY saying is "So are ya done after this one?" Idk. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. It's really none of your business!

Quoting beadingmom17:

"Are you SURE it's just one?!"

I always wanted to respond "Yes, asshole...I'm pretty sure in 3 ultrasounds a second would have been caught and thanks for pointing out how big I am". My girls were both over 9lbs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I hate people who ask about gender and put a lot of emphasis on gender. 

I have four girls--so I always get "are you done yet?" "are you trying for a boy this time"....and I seriously hate it. I wasn't trying for a boy to begin with....I was trying for a "baby!" which is the most important thing...I love my four girls...would I like a boy? Sure! but I am happy with girls. And guess what, #5 was a boy! SO I got my boy...but still...I hate how much emphasis people put on gender! :(

Happy_Mcboobs
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We got married after our 1st baby---she was 2 months old at the wedding....I planned the wedding in 2 months! LOL. My mom couldn't believe i lost all my weight to fit into a smaller dress so she actually bought me a dress that was 8 sizes too big and altered it down! (sigh)...but yeah....i hate this stigma too because the traditional role is to have the baby AFTER marriage...so when you do it "backwards"---people have only that one question on their mind...

we got the "why get married when we are already living in sin"....!? we were going to marriage counseling & planning our wedding & people were afraid to come to our wedding because we were already living together.... *shakes head* (it was people who didn't know us---we had a church wedding--so the church was invited as well as friends & family type of thing---so it was the hoity toity church followers that were saying that!)

Quoting brittany208:

yeah... probably bc theres so many people like me who perpetuate the belief that you have to have a shotgun wedding... bc thats what we did. lol sorry!

Quoting BritneeAnn012:

It's not really dumb... I suppose its a legitimate question... but people are always askin me if my boyfriend and i are going to get married now that we are having a baby and im like.... NO! we arent getting married!! we are having a baby!! we've got bigger things to worry about (and spend money on!) lol

MommyMarcoux
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Lmao. That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. I'd have busted out laughing.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Where I used to work while pg with ds, one of the co-workers flipped out when I was squatting. She told me to get up and stop doing that because the baby's head will crack open. I was speechless!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)