Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Low lying placenta

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
Idk how bad it is but she said it was pretty low. I'm 20 weeks and went in for an ultrasound yesterday. She said it might have been bc I just went to the restroom but she wasn't sure so I'm scheduled for another ultrasound in a couple weeks to see if it has moved up any.

Has anyone had any experiences with this?
Google just made everything worse lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sfank
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I had marginal placenta previa at my 18 week scan this time. I just had my follow up ultrasound at 30 weeks and it's out of the way. According to my doc unless it's a true previa where the whole cervix is covered it's pretty much guaranteed to be out of the way by delivery. You should be just fine!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Try not to worry too much. You still have plenty of time for it to move up and out of the way. Good luck!

Drienne13
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I have a low lying placenta. It's 2cm from the cervix. Since I'm only 23 weeks I'm told it may still migrate away from the cervix. My OB is a little concerened, because the previous ultrasound showed it as 3.26cm from the cervix. So in my case it's migrating closer, not further away.

I'm still confident it will migrate in time for the baby's birth,  towards the top of the uterus. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN