Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mucus plug? *WARNING - PIC*

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm 32 weeks and 4 days. Been having crampy BH contractions off and on all day and then when I went to pee just now, this huge glob was on the paper. I never lost it with any of my other kids so I have no idea what it's supposed to look like or anything but this is not my normal CM. I have been having a lot more CM because of the pregnancy but it is always white and lotiony. This is clear with a slight tinge of color to it and it's like really thick snot. Yuck. lol. So do you think this is part of my plug? Should I be worried...?

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

bump I have never lost my muscus plug

goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be. and it regenerates. it could mean labor is close, or it could still be weeks and weeks away. it really means nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyLee24
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
^ what she said
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM

BUMP!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be. It can regenerate itself. With my first two I never saw it even during labor. But my last I had big, small pieces and some with blood for 5 weeks.

It is different for everyone. Some go onto labor shortly after it comes out. Some a few days or weeks or months.

kathrynsmomma03
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Looks nothing like mine ...but I'm sure everyones looks different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM
i lost mine for 4 weeks before i gave birth. had globs like that almost everyday till the end then it was like almost every time i peed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Goofygadget
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I started losing mine 2 days before I gave birth but the globs I had were like 4 times the size of that. And a lot of them. At one point (after I wiped when I peed) there was a like thick string that wouldn't separate, I kept pulling and pulling until it stopped.

I don't think a small amount is anything to worry about. If you actually lose it, it will seem almost alien like lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goobersmom713
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:04 PM

i dont think so when i lost mine i had a spot of blood with it

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM

It looks more like just CM to me, but it could be pieces of it. I have had CM like that all during this pregnancy. It gets worse when I have BH. Its pretty nasty!!

Normally if it has blood in it its your blood show and it means labor is closer then if its blood free. If its just your plug then it could still be weeks before you deliver and you can expect to continue seeing pieces and parts of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)